Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 79

Thread: Shadows of Almia

  1. #1
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Lightbulb Shadows of Almia

    I just bought Shadows of Almia last night. So far it is a bunch of learning how to play the game in a school setting. I have about 2 hours in and will just finish graduation once I figure out which of the 3 starter partners I want.

    The 3 starter partners seem to be

    1. Starly - Poké Assist: Flying
    2. Pachirisu - Poké Assist: Electric
    3. Munchlax - Poké Assist: Normal

    If I remember correctly Pachirisu's Poké Assist is Electric. From what I have seen Munchlax's Poké Assist Normal will boost your capture stylus' power. Starly' Poké Assist Flying will send out a gust and if it hits the target it will slow it down for a bit and make capture easier. Pachirisu's Poké Assist Electric will send out either a single Thunder Bolt or 3 Discharge bolts. Which kinda paralyzes the target making capture easier.

    I would rank the usefulness of eat Poké Assist as,

    1. Munchlax - Poké Assist: Normal
    2. Starly - Poké Assist: Flying
    3. Pachirisu - Poké Assist: Electric

    Electric sends out a thunderbolt to a spot you select. If it hits the target it adds a boost to your friendship guage and it will stop the target. Flying does the same but with a gust and I am not sure what it's effects are after hitting. I know you can also have bonuses based on groups and typing. Like Ghost suffer against Normal and Fighting gets a bonus to Normal.

    Also as far as I know you will be able to trasnfer 3 Pokémon to Diamond/Pearl. You will need two DS' for this. One I know is a Manaphy Egg and the second is Riolu.

    I won't be able to work on much as of yet for the game, so if anyone else has it and knows of any tricks please post.

    I know during the the student issued test you will have to capture a group of 4 or 5 Gastly, is a bit tricky with them vanishing during capture. At the graduation you will have to capture a Tangrowth. Tangrowth can be tricky. It has 3 different attacks if I remember right. One attack is a single burst of leaves, the second is 2 burst of leaves, and the third is 3 burst. Although I saw regularly the single burst and the triple burst.

    Updated Poké Partners
    Starters

    1. Munchlax
    2. Starly
    3. Pachirisu

    Additional

    1. Mime Jr
    2. Misdreavus
    3. Machop
    4. Kricketot
    5. Hippopotas
    6. Gible
    7. Croagunk
    8. Cranidos
    9. Chimchar
    10. Turtwig
    11. Snover
    12. Sneasel
    13. Shieldon
    14. Piplup
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 11-12-2008 at 01:41 PM.


  2. #2
    Pokemon Trainer Array Pikadude609's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,428
    Credits
    28,552

    Default

    The third one is darkrai. It is lv.50 but has dark void early since it dosent learn it till later.


  3. #3
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikadude609 View Post
    The third one is darkrai. It is lv.50 but has dark void early since it dosent learn it till later.
    I saw that somewhere, I don't know why I didn't post it. Thanks for adding it in.

    Has anyone else played the game yet? It has more action then the Diamond and Pearl, but surprisingly it is a bit boring.


  4. #4
    Pokemon Trainer Student Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    841
    Credits
    3,516
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default Package coming!

    Mines coming tody cuz i pre-ordered it!
    Thanks mewmewmew!!!

  5. #5
    PokéCulturalist Array toys4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    978
    Credits
    18,705
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    I started playing Shadows of Almia last night and I have to say that I'm enjoying it. Currently I'm a Rank 2 Ranger.

    I will say that the school part was incredibly BORING but the missions and side quests have been fun and I enjoy finding all the different pokemon!

    Oh yeah and I picked Munchlax as my partner! AWESOME!!!!...and so cute!

    I downloaded both Manaphy's and Riolu's Mission last night but I haven't played them yet...BTW the first 2 special missions are only available to download until January 30th!

    Here all all the special missions that should be available in the next couple months...

    • Recover the Manaphy Egg
    • Rescue Kidnapped Riolu
    • Liberate The Tower
    • Dialga in Hia Valley
    • Palkia in Haruba Desert
    • For the Bride and Shaymin
    [= [__] =] T4L - 1461 4016 4678
    [+ [__]·:·] POKERUS - 0560 2072 3088





  6. #6
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toys4life View Post
    I started playing Shadows of Almia last night and I have to say that I'm enjoying it. Currently I'm a Rank 2 Ranger.

    I will say that the school part was incredibly BORING but the missions and side quests have been fun and I enjoy finding all the different pokemon!

    Oh yeah and I picked Munchlax as my partner! AWESOME!!!!...and so cute!

    I downloaded both Manaphy's and Riolu's Mission last night but I haven't played them yet...BTW the first 2 special missions are only available to download until January 30th!

    Here all all the special missions that should be available in the next couple months...

    • Recover the Manaphy Egg
    • Rescue Kidnapped Riolu
    • Liberate The Tower
    • Dialga in Hia Valley
    • Palkia in Haruba Desert
    • For the Bride and Shaymin
    I took Starly. I like Munchlax and his Poke Assist is good, but Starly reminds me of my first Beacon Gym team, plus fly is a decent Poke Assist.

    After you download the missions, can you still do them after January 30th? I don't really want to do them yet.

    If you do them what happens? I mean does it hold the egg until you transfer or does it hatch in ranger? I need to find a second ds though first.


  7. #7
    PokéCulturalist Array toys4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    978
    Credits
    18,705
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    I took Starly. I like Munchlax and his Poke Assist is good, but Starly reminds me of my first Beacon Gym team, plus fly is a decent Poke Assist.

    After you download the missions, can you still do them after January 30th? I don't really want to do them yet.

    If you do them what happens? I mean does it hold the egg until you transfer or does it hatch in ranger? I need to find a second ds though first.
    As far as I know the missions are available to Download unitl Jan 30th but once you downloaded it I'm pretty sure they stays on your game.

    As far as the Manaphy egg if it's like the original ranger then it will sit there until your ready to pick it up.

    Yeah I didn't even consider the advantages of each partner....Munchlax is my fav!!! When we run his eyes bulge out!
    [= [__] =] T4L - 1461 4016 4678
    [+ [__]·:·] POKERUS - 0560 2072 3088





  8. #8
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toys4life View Post
    As far as I know the missions are available to Download unitl Jan 30th but once you downloaded it I'm pretty sure they stays on your game.

    As far as the Manaphy egg if it's like the original ranger then it will sit there until your ready to pick it up.

    Yeah I didn't even consider the advantages of each partner....Munchlax is my fav!!! When we run his eyes bulge out!


    I was so going to go with Pachirisu, but the game does not really offer an UU/NU, BL, OU, or UBER tier system so I figured only poke assist would matter and the electric from pachirisu was to unpredictable. Munchlax didn't really show any animation I believe for it's assist.

    Also has anyone noticed the !, !!, and !!! above your targets head when they are about to attack? I think they have 3 different attacks, but the ! tells you which attack is going so you can better adjust your stylus.



  9. #9
    Pokemon Trainer Student Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Gonzales, LA (just south of Baton Rouge)
    Posts
    195
    Credits
    4,915

    Default

    I have my copy ordered and should get it Monday or Tuesday. I can't wait!!!
    TN: Trudy Diamond FC: 3437 2544 2177
    TN: Trudy Platinum FC: 4425 7678 4902
    TN: Jazzi Black FC: 4384 1352 8508
    TN: Aria White FC: 2322 5521 8958

    Elepuff by Rayfox-Kun
    **Thanks to toys4life for the awesome Hippie Chick avatar!

  10. #10
    PokéCulturalist Array toys4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    978
    Credits
    18,705
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Okay I'm officially hooked on this game...I think the riding on the Doduo did it for me

    -Current Status-

    Ranger Rank: 4
    Styler Level: 15
    Current Mission: Teach at Ranger School
    Quests Completed: 11
    Pokemon Entries: 74/270
    Partner Pokemon Collected: 4 (Munchlax, Kricketot, Cranidos, and Croagunk)
    Amount of pokemon I can befriend: 4

    For anyone who is also playing and has not faced the 7th Mission yet I searched all over the web and found a walk through HERE so I hopefully won't get as frustrated with future boss pokemon... Rampardos can be very difficult without the right pokemon in your party!!!!!

    Serebii also has a bunch of info on the game but nothing yet on the main missions!?!?
    Last edited by toys4life; 11-14-2008 at 02:06 PM.
    [= [__] =] T4L - 1461 4016 4678
    [+ [__]·:·] POKERUS - 0560 2072 3088





Similar Threads

  1. Shadows Of Almia vs The Original
    By Slizer107 in forum Pokemon Ranger
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-09-2009, 07:31 PM
  2. Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia Story!
    By becnoir in forum Fan Fiction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2009, 08:09 AM
  3. Shadows of Almia Darkrai event
    By Pikadude609 in forum Pokemon Ranger
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 05:22 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 10:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •