Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: B/W Progress Thread.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Gengar's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by razorbeam View Post
    I was just about to head to Victory road after beating Iris on the 8th gym when i got interrupted to go to route 7 to find Thundurus. I must have wasted my time looking for it but have not encountered it yet.
    Same here...I must have spent a solid 20 minutes running around with Super Repels. What a waste. And you'll notice now that along your adventure, you'll see storms like that on other routes, and yet I still haven't encountered it.
    Y: 5129 - 1899 - 9166
    The Castaways: Under maintenance

Pokemon Trainer Student Array alb0403's Avatar
    Credits

I'm about to catch Vicinti. What would the best nature for it be?

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you're the world.

fave pokemon: and all of it's evolutions

Check out the Trading Post, for any artifact you need from the Sinnoh Underground!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Caljoones's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Gengar View Post
    Same here...I must have spent a solid 20 minutes running around with Super Repels. What a waste. And you'll notice now that along your adventure, you'll see storms like that on other routes, and yet I still haven't encountered it.
    I dont believe that you can use super repels to encounter it...
    3DS Friend Code: 4098-4335-9049

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caljoones View Post
    I dont believe that you can use super repels to encounter it...
    The type of repel you use only effects the number of steps you can take. Just make sure your lead Pokémon is not at a higher level then Tornadus/Thundurus, but it is at a higher level then the other Pokémon in the area. Also they still flee if they are put to sleep.

The Dojo Leader Array razorbeam's Avatar
    Credits

i actually found a way to encounter it. but it only works before 6pm. it is in the north after 6pm. during the day, the trick is to stay in route 4. go in and out of the entrance with bulletin board which will tell you which route number a very strange storm is. i like the dessert because once it rains, i know the storm is on and an encounter is likely. I encountered it several times but one time i fainted it so i re-started. i haven't catched it yet but it is paralyzed and HP is low. somehow the north is trickier, so i'll wait until tomorrow to catch it again.

Pokemon X IGN "Xymon" 4811-8350-7440

Pokemon Trainer in Waiting Array Annafu's Avatar
    Credits

Alright. So I'm not much of a competitive battler, so this team may not seem very awesome. But so far for my final team I think I'm gonna stick with:
    Seismitoad
    Emolga
    Volcarona
    Scrafty
    Ferrothorn

I can't decide on a 6th poke though.
    I'd love to have some input on what y'all think. x3
    Also: made it to the 8th gym, but I'm gonna grind a bit before I go against Iris.

Dojo Assistant/Administrator Array nana nettie's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Well, I must be very lucky with my pokemon catching because I caught Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion and Tornadus rather quickly. I stocked up on all the items that I thought I'd need and found out that it only took one try for each except for Tornadus. On my first encounter with Tornadus I put him to sleep then on the next meeting I threw a quick ball and he was mine! What a happy Nana am I

Thanks Viscosity for my sig Thanks BelnumCree for the Farm sig
    Visit Nanak's playground Thanks Joby for the awesome avatar Assistant Gym Battles on weekends only

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nana nettie View Post
    Well, I must be very lucky with my pokemon catching because I caught Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion and Tornadus rather quickly. I stocked up on all the items that I thought I'd need and found out that it only took one try for each except for Tornadus. On my first encounter with Tornadus I put him to sleep then on the next meeting I threw a quick ball and he was mine! What a happy Nana am I
    It must be the Lucky Egg your Blissey's holding! Nice luck!!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Just got back from spring break so I've been playing a bit today. About six hours into my copy of White and I am training up for the second gym.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nana nettie View Post
    First time I ran into Thundurus I accidentally fainted him. The 2nd time I ran into him I tossed a Quick Ball and caught him. I was shocked, so on my son's game I tried to use a Quick Ball on Tornadus and he got away. Second time I put Tornadus to sleep and he fled. 3rd time he was asleep and Quick Ball did not catch him. My son is getting a bit upset with me he-he.