Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: State of PokeFarm

Pokemon Trainer Array MissingNo.'s Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rj61 View Post
    Trainer A uses the same team they had before because they know they won before (and if there have been a large number of challengers recently for Gym Leader 1 chances are he doesn't quite remember the opposing team inorder to make changes). Trainer B on the other hand might be the only trainer to make changes because they have learned from mistakes made and have added new members or made a whole different team thus adding to usage stats. I know we cannot controll the mindset of the battlers but there should be some clauses atleast (i.e. For a person to rechallenge the gym they must not bring the same team they had previously used had they won, if they lost they can use what ever team they essentially want untill they win)
    But that is the point. To note whats used more than once. To note what continues to work efficiently and against what. To record consistent counters. To also note any changes Player A may decided to make with their team. But these stats are anonymous. All that is recorded is what pokemon, what move, and how well it did against its opponents. Who doesn't matter, how often does.
    Competitive Discussion

Pokemon Trainer Student Array rj61's Avatar
    Credits

I can see that working with a few tweaks here and there. Now this is a another couple thoughts. The pokefarm elite 4 and champion, and legendary use. After the tiers and such are set up how is the E4 going to work? Like it did before or with new rules? Will lengendaries be banned from regular gym battles as they were previously and only allowed in the E4/C? Or will they be allowed for all battles barring rules that gym leaders my have.

For the lendaries defense by looking at the stats many of the legendaries introduced in this generation are right on par with some of the non-legendary pokemon introduced (i.e. Landorus, Thundurus, and Tornadus). That is just looking stat wise. There are alot of super powered pokemon and I'm very excited to get using them.
    3DS FC Brock: 0791 2277 3703

About to start breeding better Poke's getting ready for battling. Are you ready?

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Caljoones's Avatar
    Credits

Or a leg. only gym? That would be amazingly awesome and tough.
    3DS Friend Code: 4098-4335-9049

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Frawg's Avatar
    Credits

Also consider this, multiple wins against a gym didn't really mean anything, the only way that you could win a shiny badge was to bring a team that was 100% bred and raised by you. Many people battle with pokemon that are obtained through events and such, or use a mix of pokemon they bred from one game and pokemon they brought over from others. The old system really ensured that those who one shiny badges were taking part in what this site is about.
    0_0 soon.

Pokemon Trainer Array MissingNo.'s Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

The reason legendaries are banned is because it does not promote breeding. That's what PF is really all about. Breeding, trading, and using those Pokemon in the gym system. Legendaries do not have a place in that system. A separate gym for Legendaries is a good idea, same for Uber battles.
    Competitive Discussion

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by MissingNo. View Post
    The reason legendaries are banned is because it does not promote breeding. That's what PF is really all about. Breeding, trading, and using those Pokemon in the gym system. Legendaries do not have a place in that system. A separate gym for Legendaries is a good idea, same for Uber battles.
    I wouldn't mind having a "Pure" cup, which is bred only, and a "Standard" Cup, which is anything OU goes.
    This could obviously be expanded to Ubers.
    [4:50 PM] Bobbreeder: Well, Scizor dies to insertfirehere

Credits
    Blog Entries

I have no problem with legendaries in special cups and similar, but they should never be added to the gym system, which should be kept true to the forum's principles. Legendary hunting is 100% luck after a bit of preparation (using Synchronizers). Breeding is a lot more skill, with iterative improvements instead of a random reshuffling each time you SR.

Pokemon Trainer in Waiting Array Kelpie's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Frawg View Post
    Also consider this, multiple wins against a gym didn't really mean anything, the only way that you could win a shiny badge was to bring a team that was 100% bred and raised by you. Many people battle with pokemon that are obtained through events and such, or use a mix of pokemon they bred from one game and pokemon they brought over from others. The old system really ensured that those who one shiny badges were taking part in what this site is about.
    I actually thought this was a wonderful idea and it prompted me to make a competitive team. I only managed to breed half of the team prior to life throwing me an unplesant curve ball a few years back. I'm not a very "player vs player" type of person so I tend to avoid said situations naturally. But having a shiny gym badge actually advertise my breeding skills (so to speak) so it was enough motiviation.

Husband surprised me with Pokémon Black and White this past weekend and the first thing on my mind was "I wanna breed again!" Granted I've been lazy about playing through either...
    {Enter witty signature here}

I battle with hacked Pokemon. Array revelp8's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jats605 View Post
    I wouldn't mind having a "Pure" cup, which is bred only, and a "Standard" Cup, which is anything OU goes.
    This could obviously be expanded to Ubers.
    i actually like this idea a lot, gives a lot of incentive to get battlers to breeding...to get their pokemon to battle. its the whole point of this thread and this site.

Black and white are a re-invention of the old games, maybe the site can go through something like it as well.

Im on the ball with all new gyms to challenge, but enough with the strict typing clause. there needs...to be SOMETHING...outside of the box. i liked what they did with the first gym, it completely threw me off how it was grass/water/fire all in one.

how about clans and clan wars? given enough people it could become as to an added feature to the site

or...a really crazy and detailed idea i just had...the whole site in a fan fiction, everyone has their parts, everyone helps to write it, going through drafts and all, though one person (that can change) has to post it and members post critques, pictures, or continue the story when it comes to their turn to post (which also helps with english grammar and writing btw) and pit members against each as part of the story. the one thing that made the forum BLOOM was the whole family feel to it, this might help it along.

just ideas though, so feel free to say its not going to work either because this or that doesnt work out in reality
    the dancing butterfly just 6-0d your team

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Caljoones's Avatar
    Credits

How old is the logo? Cause if its old, I think we should get a new one, to signify that we're changing.
    3DS Friend Code: 4098-4335-9049