Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discuss: PF Press Issue #4 (Dec. '10)

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default Discuss: PF Press Issue #4 (Dec. '10)

Use this thread to discuss the issues written about in this issue of the PF Press, as well as any comments you have about the magazine itself. Remember that if you'd like to be a part of the writing or editing team, send me a PM and I'll give you access to the Press Room subforum. All comments and constructive criticism are welcome.

Credits

I feel like I should give you a review of this issue.

Cover: Great, nice colors, the only thing that could have made it better would be if Ryan's Image was colored via photoshop or something, even though it is great in details (good job Ryan, 5 stars!)

The first article didn't really consern me, but it is useful and informative, good job!

The egg article was impressive, but the two colored eggs gave me an idea/suggestion.... why don't "we" make the eggs on the forum colored opr striped or soemthing, again, very useful and flows neatly.

Stantler article was great, and again useful... but there were two things that I felt were wrong. 1: the pic of the pokemon wearing a hat sort of blocked some of the words (minor mistake I suppose), but it's nothing that would ruin the quality of the article, but it does disrupt the flow... 2: I feel like you should add a battle video that shows examples of how the pokemon works, or the pokemon with one of the listed strategies being used.

interview and battle following it was seemingly perfect, I will not bother looking for any miniscule,(excuse me) microscopic, glitches. I really like how the interview is followed by a battle against the interviewed member and also the commentary makes to battle more interesting than just watching it with background music.

In the end, the farming recap was good, it would be nice to relate it back to the egg article in some way, but other than that it was good.

overall, nice appearence and flow, but it does have a couple of miniature errors that bearly backfire in simple short lived sparks (in other words, nothing serious)

good job to everyone.

Friend Code: 0733-7241-0362

<-- need 2 more wins to make it official

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Frawg's Avatar
    Credits

Great issue, with good content. I really like the Pokemon Guide or Pokemon of the month thing, but I agree with Vasden, A demonstrative battle would add so much. Nice choice of backrounds and colors, I liked the deep red backround most, plus it made the words easy to read. The pages still appear blurry at points, near the end there was a point were part of one page was blurry and the rest was not? Weird. . . Good job guys, keep 'em coming.
    0_0 soon.

Credits
    Blog Entries

As the author of the Pokemon of the Month, I'm sorry I couldn't provide a video as I don't have WiFi connection currently. I could possibly try using it on Pokemon Online, but it wouldn't be as nice a video :/

Circuit Gym Assistant Array Killerjeff88's Avatar
    Credits

awesome job guys. love it

Pokemon Trainer Student Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I agree with Vasden's fairly in-depth response, and I also liked the red background the best. I liked reading the Stantler article, but alas, I am not learned in the terms of battling so some of it was lost on me. heh. Other than that I found it well-presented and explained.

There were a few minor spelling/grammar errors in the Tapatalk section, but that was also intriguing. When I was reading that article the screenshot on the left page and the words next to it threw me off a bit; possibly because it went so low on the page? Initially my eyes read 'Find it on the app store' as part of the previous paragraph, which also confused me visually.

Other than that, nice issue once again!

Pokemon Trainer in Waiting Array awesomeness4286's Avatar
    Credits

I liked it! Especially the part with the forum eggs. The eggs really caught my eye so good choice! On the tapatalk section I think hassle was spelled wrong. It was spelled hastle.
    I'm creepy. :P

Pokemon Trainer Student Array XD001's Avatar
    Credits

Great job. Loved the battle, Empoleon wasn't gonna go down without a fight.

White FC: 4641 8127 2521
    Check out my art thread?

Credits

Ok, because I'm so nice I've done a few changes to the TapaTalk feature which should make it flow better and I've moved the pictures so they don't make folk feel physically sick when reading...

And lastly, I've also added an amazing picture from @@Krispy: which can be found on the last page.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Wow. Another quality edition of the PF Press. You guys are amazing! I am so impressed with the layout, and the quality of the illustrations. Way to go guys.

Thanks Belnumcree for the awesome signature banner!