Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum Purpose

Pokemon League Judge Array HMTKSteve's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Default Forum Purpose

This forum exists to facilitate Pokemon trading on the forum (egg system) until such time as the automated system is up and running.

For the time being this forum will be used as follows:

1) Any member who wants to trade a Pokemon will open a new thread with a title of "Pokemon X Trade For Pokemon Y" Pokemon X is your Pokemon and Pokemon Y is the Pokemon you are looking for. Please include the ID# of the Pokemon you are offering to trade in the post.

2) Any other member may then respond stating that they accept this trade. In the response post the ID# of the Pokemon in question.

3) The creator of the thread may then respond to any offer(s) selecting which Pokemon they want in exchange. Creator must then state trade is closed.

NOTES:

Pokemon ID# can be found on your "My Pokemon" page when you mouse over the unbox link. Look at the url and &pid=xxx is your ID#.

All Pokemon being traded must reside in the player's box.

Trades will be executed by me about once per day. I will close threads after the trade goes through.

Please post questions in this thread.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Are we allowed to put multiple possible Pokemon to trade for one specific, as long as we remember posting IDs and make it clear in our "closing post" which IDs should be traded? I just don't know what people would want for their Pokemon, and making multiple threads seems like a waste...

Credits
    Blog Entries

No. Your thread must be specific.

You may also only have one trade thread open at a time.

Remember, this is only temporary and there are not that many Pokemon out there to trade for.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Credits
    Blog Entries

Will this sub-forum stay around when the automated system is in place, to facilitate for easier planning of trades, showing your unneeded Pokemon etc?

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bobreeder View Post
    Will this sub-forum stay around when the automated system is in place, to facilitate for easier planning of trades, showing your unneeded Pokemon etc?
    I can not answer that question at this time. There are two possible implementations in my mind for trading, one of them is GTS style the other is more casual.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array platinum's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by HMTKSteve View Post
    I can not answer that question at this time. There are two possible implementations in my mind for trading, one of them is GTS style the other is more casual.
    Honestly, I would prefer the GTS style. I don't know why, but it just seems better.

Thanks so much Vasden2!
    White FC: 5071-8056-6941
    White2 FC: 4041-4660-3856
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-6481-9101
    Friend Safari: Bug- Ledyba/Volbeat/Venemoth

Credits
    Blog Entries

Well, I'm feeling the opposite way. With a GTS system and a limited userbase with a comparatively large Pokemon pool, it could turn out tricky to get the trades you want, whereas with a thread-based trading system, you can show the Pokemon you want to sell, and then discuss from there. Also adds in more flexibility in how payment can be given (2 Pokemon + 1k PokeCash for one Pokemon would work in the casual system, but hardly in GTS).

Pokemon Trainer Student Array platinum's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Bobreeder View Post
    Well, I'm feeling the opposite way. With a GTS system and a limited userbase with a comparatively large Pokemon pool, it could turn out tricky to get the trades you want, whereas with a thread-based trading system, you can show the Pokemon you want to sell, and then discuss from there. Also adds in more flexibility in how payment can be given (2 Pokemon + 1k PokeCash for one Pokemon would work in the casual system, but hardly in GTS).
    Well in the future, there would be a large Pokemon pool, but for now, there are a very limited number of Pokemon so the GTS won't be very confusing. But overall, in the future, the casual trading system would be better.

Thanks so much Vasden2!
    White FC: 5071-8056-6941
    White2 FC: 4041-4660-3856
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-6481-9101
    Friend Safari: Bug- Ledyba/Volbeat/Venemoth

Not So Cute Array predictions of doom's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I'd like to see a trade system where you can just drop a pokemon in and see what offers you get.
    It wouldn't need to be dependent on whether you'd seen the mon or not or anything, it'd just be neat to not have to make a trade thread.
    Back!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array lordlogan2's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by predictions of doom View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to see a trade system where you can just drop a pokemon in and see what offers you get.
    It wouldn't need to be dependent on whether you'd seen the mon or not or anything, it'd just be neat to not have to make a trade thread.
    Like an auction house for pokemon, seems kinda evil but awesome! >
    ]thanks to scarlet for my awsome chcyer Bobreeder made that for me once upon a timeago the FC no longer applies