Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ear buds or Headphone Recommendations

Not So Cute Array predictions of doom's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

It might be different headphones, I guess.
    I've had the issue with two different players though, so I don't think that's it.
    Back!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array thefuriousangel's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

The headphones that Apple provides are doody!!!
    I recently bought an iPod and left the headphones in the case, un-used, lol.

If you're looking for portability, then I would suggest to use earbuds.
    As for around the house, just use studio or "over-the-ear" headphones.
    Skull candy is more eye candy that sound quality, IMO.

I have some Sony earbuds and they sound great. Even comes with customizable earbud sizes.

My bf recommends you take a look at newegg.com.
    He'd recommend the "over-the-ear" headphones that he uses but the site doesn't carry that specific model anymore.

Also, if you're as crazy about sound quality as we are, you might want to listen to music in Apple Lossless.
    It uses more room but sounds better than mp3s. :P

♫ ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅ = ̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılıl ♫

Pokemon Trainer Student Array laprasman's Avatar
    Credits

I highly suggest skullcandy.
    They are comfortable, pretty cheap, and good quality.
    Credit to Element:Rain

Relic Gym Retiree/Super Moderator Array Dr. Narnad's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by thefuriousangel View Post
    TI have some Sony earbuds and they sound great. Even comes with customizable earbud sizes.
    I might have to go with the pair of Sony. A lot of reviewers relate their current purchases to an old set of Sonys that sounded fantastic. The only other ear bud set that seems to be getting decent reviews were JBud. Customer supporet and replacement of the buds seem to be very good. As for over the ear, I was looking at an Audio-Technica but I haven't heard of this brand and am kinda leary about dropping $100+ on a possible "non-name" brand.
    Knowledge speaks but wisdom listens.
    3DS XL Friend: 5086-2640-6669

Putting young whipper snappers into place since 1882. Array belnumcree's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Narnad View Post
    I might have to go with the pair of Sony. A lot of reviewers relate their current purchases to an old set of Sonys that sounded fantastic. The only other ear bud set that seems to be getting decent reviews were JBud. Customer supporet and replacement of the buds seem to be very good. As for over the ear, I was looking at an Audio-Technica but I haven't heard of this brand and am kinda leary about dropping $100+ on a possible "non-name" brand.
    I was gonna recommend the Sony Earbuds as well. If you don't mind earbuds they're great.
    Extremely ancient and decrepit retired Boulder Gym Leader....Thanks Vis for the new card. *looks at new user title* Stay off my lawn

Relic Gym Retiree/Super Moderator Array Dr. Narnad's Avatar
    Credits

So after much anticipation I have put my orders in and received my ear buds and (almost) my headphones. I spent a quite a bit less on the ear buds buying a set of JBubds J2 on Amazon for like $8 or 9 when they were on sale. Pretty comfortable, sound great. Their warranty and purported tendency to replace products without hassle won me over. The only draw back is they tend to loosen up after a little bit in your ear. I am typically at the computer listening to music or reviewing sound files so this doesn't bother me too much. What I saved on my ear I put into a good set of over-the-ear headphones. I splurged and got the Sony MDR-7506 which were running a consistent $80 for the past two or three months (check out camelcamelcamel.com to see the trend of any product on Amazon...kinda nifty and nice to see if you can expect a price dip or not). Still waiting for those to be sent and they should get here sometime next week. 3rd party sellers generally are a bit slower but BeachCamera and Adorama (the two cheapest) both have been good to me in the past.

Again thanks for all of the suggestions and help in deciding.

Edit: So I have had the headphones for a few days now. I can say they are definitely one of the best purchases I have had in a long while. The sound quality is awesome. Bass is big but not overpowering. Middle and Highs are even and crisp. When listening to some older ripped MP3s (like 10 years old) you can really hear the tingy-ness to them and the lack of a fully range/body of sound. It really makes me wanna re-rip quite a bit of my music collection because it sounds soooo poor now with these. The headphones are probably the most comfortable ones I have ever had. Not too tight, not too loose that they fall off. The cups are not noise cancelling but when the music is playing it completely alienates the outside worlds sound. Much more comfortable than the ear buds. Totally recommend the Sony MDR-7506s as an A+ sounding set of headphones.
    Last edited by Dr. Narnad; 01-08-2011 at 10:18 PM.
    Knowledge speaks but wisdom listens.
    3DS XL Friend: 5086-2640-6669