Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: [NEWS] Generation V starters revealed

Credits
    Blog Entries

Where does the tree snake get arms and legs? Hello Ekans and Arbok have no arms or legs.

Pokemon Trainer Array Pikadude609's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post

When did Serebii become the go to American site for everything Pokémon? I spent a lot of time at Serebii and have found countless errors and the forums are a joke. I have reported mistakes and they go ignored. Well serebii is pretty popular, even if it is in his own mind.
    I only use serebii for some news (Other sites sometimes take ages to get it. And for the Pokedex looking up quick moves. But I prefer Pokebeach for my Main Pokémon news as for 1 they have better pictures like ones you can zoom in to etc.

Hmmm...

The grass starter is actually pretty cool if you ask me. And in terms of being the same as treecko... I think that they're different enough, so it's fine with me that they are the same like "grass reptile" thing.

The fire starter is pretty lame....
    and same with the water starter... I mean c'mon... it's so stupid looking. And SOOO predictable.

I'm disappointed. Although I could see the fire starter as being pretty awesome in the end if they de-cute-ify it. As for the others... let's just hope that the art for their evolutions doesn't fail us!

Credits go to n0t and thefuriousangel.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I found the 2nd and 3rd evolutions of the fire pig.

2nd stage

3rd stage - also quoting what could happen to Pokemon if they keep up making pokes like this.

Or maybe it will be a Fire/Flying type.

Actually wouldn't a Fire Pig look more like this?
    or or

O.K. I am out of jokes.

O.K. maybe one more.

This was the original water starter.

Not So Cute Array predictions of doom's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I legit want the blue/purple dragon pig. That'd just be an epic starter.

So we're pretty sure that these are the official starters now?
    Back!

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by predictions of doom View Post
    I legit want the blue/purple dragon pig. That'd just be an epic starter.

So we're pretty sure that these are the official starters now?
    Sadly it seems these are the starters. Usually if they were fakes we would know it by now.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Cinder's Avatar
    Credits

The fire pig is probably my favorite. The grass lizard is growing on me a bit the more I look at it. It definitely comes off as a Treecko knockoff but I'm willing to cut it some slack; its design isn't particularly original but it's still relatively OK looking, just not too exciting. At least like the fire pig, it seems to have a bit of character. The water... ambiguous mammal thing... I read it's supposed to be based on a sea otter but to me it hardly resembles a mustelid at all. That one's definitely my least favorite of the three. It seems overwhelmingly generic and uninspired.

On the whole, I guess, not a big hit with me. Hopefully the starter' evolutions'll have good stats, appropriately movepools, and interesting typing to at least redeem them with battle utility if not appealing looks.

Pokemon Trainer in Waiting Array Sarick's Avatar
    Credits

Honestly the pig may end up Fire/Flying. Or become more boar-like with tusks or something along those lines. There aren't many pig Pokemon and most Fire starters typically stand on two legs so there is some change that I can't say is bad in keeping things fresh. So I'd welcome the four-legged starter.

I could consider the Grass type ok if it evolved into a more scaly snake with scales of steel. Immunity to Poison and normal damage from Ice and Flying. Though no defence or offence against Fire, and little against Fighting (Blaziken and Infernape issues) balance out the positives with a Grass/Steel type. I like Grass Pokemon but they don't stand well against many things.

I see the water type as half snowman, so I'm having trouble of thinking of any potential other type than Ice, there's plenty of Water/Ice Pokemon with similar forms though. Stands on two legs which is fairly common except for some Pokemon that interchange (such as Mudkip's evolution line). Water/Ice is new for a starter and it would work against the Grass type unless it does become Grass/Steel after all.

I don't have much hope for the Pokemon this time round appearance wise, I typically prefer the appearance of the lowest evolution of a starter (Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Treecko, Mudkip, Grotle, and Chimchar) while in this case I can't really care for them. The starters are iconic too which means they should be of some higher representation of quality. I'd most likely pick Grass because I typically choose the type. Most starters are too similar anyway, with the same abilities, similar stats and honestly even the same dual type occasionally.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array
    Credits

I just hope that there are at least some better looking pokemon than this on the way. I was really expecting better starters than this after seeing the scans of Zorua and Zoroark. Though they did fall a little behind in the originality department, they still look pretty awesome to me.

I am really dissappointed in the super cute theme they have going for these starters. I would have to rate the fire one 5/10, the grass one 6/10, and the water 4/10.

I do have to say that the more you look at them the better it gets. That goes double for the water stater. I really hope they get better when they reach there 2nd and 3rd stages.

Crypt Keeper EPFL VP E4SS Array wicked_rapture's Avatar
    Credits

Not too happy about the new starters.

Fire type starters are usually the ones I fall in love with first, but I cant stand the pig. I honestly do not care about the water type as of right now. The grass type is the only one I'm looking forward to using. I wonder if me owning a snake and lizard has anything to do with it?