Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Black and White Versions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pokemon Trainer Array Pikadude609's Avatar
    Credits

Default Pokémon Black and White Versions

Pokebeach,Serebii,Bulbapedia,Joystiq etc. have announced that the official Japanese Pokémon website have revealed the 5th Gen games as Black and White.

Bit weird how they return to colours... From Red/Blue/Yellow but seems to be exiting. Maybe Pokémon Black will feature Zoroark

Pokebeach states that more details will be revealed on the Website April 15th but Pokémon Sunday and CoroCoro will have information sooner around saturday evening/sunday.

Can't wait for details!

Pokebeach Story

Official 5th Gen Japanese Website (Check back soon, Only showing and confirming logo so far)

(Also seems a new logo, maybe in english too. Not just the yellow Pokémon no more. We have that Pokéball , Another thing it seems so far that it is on the DS range. Maybe it will get revealed for the 3DS Later or the 3rd version (Pokémon Grey :P) will be enhanced for the 3DS.
    Last edited by Pikadude609; 04-09-2010 at 05:01 AM.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Brainhost's Avatar
    Credits

Not entirely surprised to see these names picked; I expected these after Gold and Silver, but instead they kept it at rare materials (or stones, if you'd call it that). I'm very curious if the colours will have anything to do with the story this time around, because Black and White is something that can harbour a number of meanings.

Credits

Ooh, Black and White sound quite good. I'm already excited.
    Hopefully no 3DS, my eyes were stinging off the normal DS never mind what they'll be like in 3D?
    I cant imagine Pokemon in 3D, it'll be like the N64/Wii games... which were tedious...

Credits

Just told my mum the names and she commented on that they seem to be running out of names :P

But I think there will be a secret in the names, Like as Pokebeach states: In the Past/Black for Zoroark and White for a light Zoroark or some sort

Pokemon Trainer in Waiting Array iNot's Avatar
    Credits

haha. I told my sister the new names and she commented that it sounded racist.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Brainhost's Avatar
    Credits

I think that assessment is kind of incorrect, but let's not get into that.

I hope that the creature designers have recaptured a bit of the early Pokémon aesthetics. The Generation IV Pokémon were not the best batch if we're talking looks. And I didn't like the fact that everything had to have an evolution.

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Brainhost View Post

I hope that the creature designers have recaptured a bit of the early Pokémon aesthetics. The Generation IV Pokémon were not the best batch if we're talking looks. And I didn't like the fact that everything had to have an evolution.
    But the evolutions are where most new ones come in. And I thought Gen IV looked cool. But juding from Zorua and Zoroark already Gen V should be good. And they may make way more evolutions.

I'd say evolutions quite possibly for:
    Dunsparce
    Smergle or Ditto (Maybe)
    Kecleon
    etc

I maybe hope they introduce a Stage 3. So you have 4 stages (3 Evolutions) instead of 3 (2 Evolutions) as max.

Credits
    Blog Entries

And Nintendo laughed at me for the name suggestions of Solar and Lunar. Black and White, I guess the 3rd installment will be Gray and after that Fuschia and Puce.

Credits

Everyone check Pokebeach and Serebii!!!! Screenshots! The games look soooo cool! Look how 3D they are now! Speech bubbles etc! Even the battles are better. Now you see the whole back sprite and not just the top half.

One Screenshot from PokeBeach (Zorua and Zoroark )

Too bad it seems Pokémon don't follow in these games (Unless they sneak in a option to turn it on or off) But still COOOL!
    Last edited by Pikadude609; 04-10-2010 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainhost View Post
    with those kinds of names for titles, its going to be a big issue :T i hope, when its released here, that nintendo america changes the name to something else.

at least its fairly obvious of whose going to be on the cover of pokemon black