Page 45 of 94 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Black and White Versions

Pokemon Trainer Student Array rj61's Avatar
    Credits

From my playthrough of it so far it isn't too difficult for me a californian to get around all the japanese (mainly just been clicking A xD). On another note the battle system is really interesting and i'm quite enjoying it and can't wait for the competitive scene to start to open up (especially since all the tiers will be redone). Mence for OU again?
    3DS FC Brock: 0791 2277 3703

About to start breeding better Poke's getting ready for battling. Are you ready?

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Flareon's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

With the likes of Ononokusu (147 Atk, 97 Spd), Sazando (good stats all-round-- 105 Atk, 125 Sp.A, 98 Spd with 90+ everywhere else), Urugamosu (135 Sp.A, 100 Spd) and Aakeosu (140 Atk, 112 Sp.A, 110 Spd) potentially running rampant in OU, I wouldn't be surprised if even Garchomp is brought out of Uber status. In review, Furiijio (95 Sp.A, 105 Spd) could probably take it down easily-- even more so in Doubles, with Denchura as its partner with that absolutely awesome ability, Tension. (for potential Yache-abuse)

The unfortunate thing is, I foresee Sazando getting thrown into Ubers for its all-round good stats, which is really upsetting-- I kind of like that hydra-like Dragon, now...

Currently mass-breeding: Dream World Eevees (thank you, Japanese Pokemon White!)

Felix:
    Mostly: Double Battles // Tier Use: Mixed; uses favourites
    Fave Type: Water // Fave Pokémon: Vaporeon
    Dislikes: Sleepers and "THAT Pokémon..."

Credits
    Blog Entries

"If all are Uber, none are Uber." I think the Uber tier will be significantly smaller this time around, as I think Garchomp, Salamence (where he is banned), perhaps Lati@s without Soul Dew, Wobbuffet and Wynaut, etc. are going back to OU. I don't really think any of the non-Leggies are going to be banned, as there are so many mons around now, so there's bound to be counters for virtually everything. With the perma-weather probably going OU now, we'll see a lot of changes in how our Pokes are used, and what Pokemon become important. Bulky Waters with Boiling Water will be pretty beastly, and they might put dents in the physical attackers around. If any one Poke is going to be banned, I think Shanderaa will go first, Shadow Tag + 140 base SpA looks a bit over the top. Heck, even Insekuta might be OU, as it's physical movepool leaves things to be desired. Sazando's lack of speed boosting moves will be what keeps it OU I think.
    This became a somewhat messy rambling/whatever

Putting young whipper snappers into place since 1882. Array belnumcree's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flareon View Post
    With the likes of Ononokusu (147 Atk, 97 Spd), Sazando (good stats all-round-- 105 Atk, 125 Sp.A, 98 Spd with 90+ everywhere else), Urugamosu (135 Sp.A, 100 Spd) and Aakeosu (140 Atk, 112 Sp.A, 110 Spd) potentially running rampant in OU, I wouldn't be surprised if even Garchomp is brought out of Uber status. In review, Furiijio (95 Sp.A, 105 Spd) could probably take it down easily-- even more so in Doubles, with Denchura as its partner with that absolutely awesome ability, Tension. (for potential Yache-abuse)

The unfortunate thing is, I foresee Sazando getting thrown into Ubers for its all-round good stats, which is really upsetting-- I kind of like that hydra-like Dragon, now...
    I believe Garchomp's over the top reason for being Uber is Sand-Veil/Yache, and the only reliable weather counter being either take a turn to Rain Dance/Sunny Day, or carry Abamasnow.

Now that Drought and Drizzle are non Uber abilities, I'd say it's a good chance.
    Extremely ancient and decrepit retired Boulder Gym Leader....Thanks Vis for the new card. *looks at new user title* Stay off my lawn

Credits
    Blog Entries

@ Bobreeder: Eh, its a Dream World Ability, but I see your point; Pokemon like Scizor, Genosekuto, Hahakurimo, etc. are really going to have to be careful with it, because no doubt despite it being a Dream World ability, it will find its way into common use. Unfortunately, Smogon will just outright Uber it, where I think just Ubering its Shadow Tag would suffice. To counter the 140 base Sp.A comments before they start, you've got Blissey; shut up.
    I still think Wynaut/Wobbuffet should remain banned, but that's my personal opinion. I think Blissey should be Uber, but everyone else seems to not think so.

Oh... I didn't realise Sazando lacked a Speed-boosting move; for some reason, I thought it could learn Nitro Charge, but I guess not. I suppose maybe we'll not see it boosted to Uber yet then, but if the third instalment of Generation V gives it a Speed-boosting move, then we'll no doubt see a change in that.

I agree that a few other Pokemon will probably drop from Ubers this Generation; its just a matter of awkwardly awaiting the ridiculous 'Smogon Opinion Poll' to appear and we're set to rant at how stupid some decisions are made, again. xD I'm hoping for the Lati's droping down without Soul Dew. (like Latias was, for one bit)

@ belnumcree: I guess so. Though hailstorm teams will see an increase in use now that Hail does something productive for Ice-types, I feel. There's a raise of x1.5 to both Ice-type attacks and an Ice-type's Defense, which when coupled with Pokemon like Glaceon, who also has Snow Cloak, will make the Ice-type a much more formidable foe than ever before. Speaking of which, Glaceon will likely rise as high as at least BL with this weather update, and she now has a Special Attack-boosting attack in Cheer Up, which will likely make the Eeveelutions a bit more formidable on the field. (or at least Flareon, who only gets Nitro Charge as a new Physical attack, unless there are others of note in the TMs; Incinerate will likely be Special-based, but like Denchura's Tension, is awesome!)

We now also need to keep Claw Sharpen in mind, as it will make Sand Veil and Snow Cloak pointless.

Looking forward to seeing Ninetales and Politoed running around, setting up the rain automatically, lol

Currently mass-breeding: Dream World Eevees (thank you, Japanese Pokemon White!)

Felix:

Credits
    Blog Entries

@Flareon: The hail boosting thing was just a myth somebody set out, it has been proven wrong :/
    I think Genosekuto with Simple Beam will be very useful for double battles by the way, "Simplifying" Slaking, Regigigas, Aakeos or even DD Ononokusu. Desukan can be used for similar purposes, but slightly less effectively (basically removing the ability).

Credits
    Blog Entries

Oh. Well that just sucks...
    Simple Beam is a rather interesting addition-- there are a few Pokemon that get it, like Tabunne, so it wouldn't be limited to Gensekuto, (for example, I do believe Gardevoir also gets it, iirc) so Simple-boosting is going to be a rather popular thing to do, and will likely be more popular on Tabunne, since she has low Special Attack. (just in case it actually does damage, as well)

Edit: Swampert - Egg Move - Wide Guard - It protects all its teammates from attacks for one turn. May fail if used in succession.
    This is really going to make Feint popular.
    Last edited by Flareon; 09-21-2010 at 01:05 PM.

Felix:

Putting young whipper snappers into place since 1882. Array belnumcree's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flareon View Post

We now also need to keep Claw Sharpen in mind, as it will make Sand Veil and Snow Cloak pointless.

I've actually been wondering about that. I don't know that the increase in accuracy will affect Sand Veil/Snow Cloak, since the theoretical move you're using is already 100% acc. It's the evasion of the opponed that is affected by Sand Veil and Snow Cloak. Unless it increases already 100% acc to 110% or something.
    Extremely ancient and decrepit retired Boulder Gym Leader....Thanks Vis for the new card. *looks at new user title* Stay off my lawn

Credits
    Blog Entries

I believe it works much like evasiveness and increases beyond the 100% capacity; it would certainly be something to test out, but I don't think there are any reliable accuracy-increasing moves in the current worldwide Generation. I've always assumed it to have a higher level, though. But if you think about it, accuracy modifiers would have to counter evasion modifiers, otherwise the system would well and truly be broken.

Let's say Evasion modifiers go in increments of 10% per level, to a maximum of 60% evasion; all 100% accurate moves would be 40% accurate. Now let's say Accuracy modifiers do the same; that would increase the accuracy of 100% moves back to 100% against the +6 Evasion Pokemon.
    Last edited by Flareon; 09-21-2010 at 02:18 PM.

Felix:

Credits
    Blog Entries

I don't want to change this to a tier topic, but I don't even see why Wobbie is still UBER. It was originally set to UBER because of the whole Wob vs Wob problem, that was fixed when the ability was changed to allow for Shadow Tag Pokés could switch out. The other factor making it UBER was that you needed a dedicated Pokémon to take Wob out. Giving my experience Wob can most likely KO atleast 1 Poké and sometimes 2, it will never sweep a team. Smogon makes it UBER because they think it takes some fun out of the game.

You have to remember Smogon makes all it's decision based on Shoddy. Salamence is UBER because on Shoddy you can build your perfect beast. In a real battle you don't have a perfect Salamence. I just had my Salamence lose to a Sharpedo that was redline when Salamence came into play. I myself don't see Garchomp as UBER either, too many you need this, this, and this.

And again about 60% of the new Pokés will get bounced to UBER for awhile from Smogon. Which will be based off of perfect examples on Shoddy.