Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Black and White Versions

They probably ended up with Black and White after going through nearly every single other GOOD gem name haha...

I sorta like Black and White though... it's so simple yet has so much character.

The best thing is that the games are ALREADY coming out fall of this year! The pokemon company has been doing amazing with releases lately, wouldn't you guys say?

Credits go to n0t and thefuriousangel.

Not So Cute Array predictions of doom's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cowmoo83 View Post
    They probably ended up with Black and White after going through nearly every single other GOOD gem name haha...

I sorta like Black and White though... it's so simple yet has so much character.

The best thing is that the games are ALREADY coming out fall of this year! The pokemon company has been doing amazing with releases lately, wouldn't you guys say?
    I like Black and White too. It's way less...gaudy than the other titles have been.
    (And I don't think that Nintendo should, or will change the name for the North American release. The site is already nintendo.com/bw, or something like that.)

If the games are coming out in the fall, doesn't that mean that they can't be 3D? I thought that the new DS was set to come out first quarter 2011.
    Back!

Pokemon Trainer Array Pikadude609's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by predictions of doom View Post
    I like Black and White too. It's way less...gaudy than the other titles have been.
    (And I don't think that Nintendo should, or will change the name for the North American release. The site is already nintendo.com/bw, or something like that.)

If the games are coming out in the fall, doesn't that mean that they can't be 3D? I thought that the new DS was set to come out first quarter 2011.
    The 3DS had a release date up till March 2011. Meaning it will get released in japan any time between now and then. Also if they are not 3D then maybe Pokémon Gray (3rd Version :P) will be on the 3DS

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Kiwi's Avatar
    Credits

What the.... Black and White? You're kidding me.
    Really imaginative Nintendo, I guess the 3rd one is gonna be Grey? -_-

Credits

I'd just like to point out that "black" and "white" are EXACT Japanese translations, and probably won't be the North American name.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Rolytic's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by N0t2f34r View Post
    I'd just like to point out that "black" and "white" are EXACT Japanese translations, and probably won't be the North American name.
    I'm not so sure about that. RS, FR/LG, GS, and HG/SS were all EXACT Japanese translations as well. I didn't check the third of each generation. The only one that wasn't a direct translation was that Green became Blue in the english versions.
    You can call me Py. It's short for Pyrolytic. If you need anything, or just want to say hi, feel free to contact me. I'm not active on Skype, but AIM is fine if you introduce yourself first.

Where else can you find me/other screen names?
    dA: Rolytic
    LoL, formspring: PyBear
    WoW: (Dentarg - H - Narglax)

Credits

Everyone check Pokebeach and Serebii!!!! Screenshots! The games look soooo cool! Look how 3D they are now! Speech bubbles etc! Even the battles are better. Now you see the whole back sprite and not just the top half.

One Screenshot from PokeBeach (Zorua and Zoroark )

Too bad it seems Pokémon don't follow in these games (Unless they sneak in a option to turn it on or off) But still COOOL!
    Last edited by Pikadude609; 04-10-2010 at 08:18 AM.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Brainhost's Avatar
    Credits

Whoa, that looks very much like a more 3D perspective. Very nice, I like it. It looks quite pretty, and less grid-based, which I think is a good thing.

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Pikadude609 View Post
    Everyone check Pokebeach and Serebii!!!! Screenshots! The games look soooo cool! Look how 3D they are now! Speech bubbles etc! Even the battles are better. Now you see the whole back sprite and not just the top half.

One Screenshot from PokeBeach (Zorua and Zoroark )

Too bad it seems Pokémon don't follow in these games (Unless they sneak in a option to turn it on or off) But still COOOL!
    !

They actually have shadows! No longer do we have to deal with a simple black circle! I love the cityscape background.

Do you think that this will require a DSi? I don't think a lite has the capacity to do that.... Or my brick.

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by N0t2f34r View Post
    !

They actually have shadows! No longer do we have to deal with a simple black circle! I love the cityscape background.

Do you think that this will require a DSi? I don't think a lite has the capacity to do that.... Or my brick.
    Well they show a DSLite for that picture. But it's weird since why show a DSLite when they have had the DSi and DSi XL out for a while. I think it may be DS. Or it may be 3DS (Hinting at the DSLite screen sizes). But if it is a DSi Exclusive game that locks us from importing. Since DSi's are region locked. So DSi only games are region locked to that console. Just like the Wii.