Page 4 of 94 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Black and White Versions

Credits
    Blog Entries

O:
    I completely missed the orange car that's in the bridge picture, haha.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    Wasn't there a motorized scooter in one of the cartoons? I might be thinking of another anime altogether.
    Just remembered there was a motorized scooter like thing in Colosseum, I think. It was one of the GameCube side games.

Not So Cute Array predictions of doom's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Yep, Colosseum and XD had a motorcycle that took you from one area to the next.

It wasn't much more than a graphic, though; you still had to walk everywhere you went. The motorcycle bit was just like when you enter one of the mini buildings connecting a city to a route.
    Back!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Flareon's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cowmoo83 View Post
    The best thing is that the games are ALREADY coming out fall of this year! The pokemon company has been doing amazing with releases lately, wouldn't you guys say?
    It would be amazing if there wasn't such a titanic gap between Japanese and International releases. True, the US and UK/EU release dates were cut down to about a week or something with HeartGold and SoulSilver, but there's still the 6-ish month gap between the Japanese and an English release. It kind of bugs me when some other games get simultaneous worldwide release, showing that its actually possible, while others seem to just sit on their games saying, "We'll release it here first, play around for a month or two then release it there!" I'm probably splitting hairs with this, but meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikadude609 View Post
    Since DSi's are region locked. So DSi only games are region locked to that console. Just like the Wii.
    Region-Blocking is the doom of the world. I'll bite them if they release the games as DSi titles. I like the novelty of buying the games when they're released in Japan so I can get a feel for them and such, without having to buy an entirely new DS unit to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by predictions of doom View Post
    Yep, Colosseum and XD had a motorcycle that took you from one area to the next.

It wasn't much more than a graphic, though; you still had to walk everywhere you went. The motorcycle bit was just like when you enter one of the mini buildings connecting a city to a route.
    The worst thing is, they released Colosseum; the game with the awesome bike first, then downgraded to a horrible dinky little scooter that sounded too much like a hairdryer for my liking... sure it hovered eventually, but it still sounded horrible...
    I kind of hate Colosseum though, on the bike aspect... it was awesome when Espeon and Umbreon were riding shotgun, but then she came and took their spot... =(

Currently mass-breeding: Dream World Eevees (thank you, Japanese Pokemon White!)

Felix:
    Mostly: Double Battles // Tier Use: Mixed; uses favourites
    Fave Type: Water // Fave Pokémon: Vaporeon
    Dislikes: Sleepers and "THAT Pokémon..."

Forge Gym Leader/Tournament Director Array Jhamin's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Pikadude609 View Post
    Yeah, things may change aswell. As these are Beta Versions of the Games. So thinks will change between now and release. Like for D/P sprites,artwork etc changed. So graphics may change a bit.
    I agree that artwork and game stats may still change between now and the day of release.

But the amount of work that goes into a game before it is "playable" is enormous. It is relatively easy to swap out sprites or change the Special Def of a particular Pokemon, but it is really hard to change the game engine. So I'm guessing that the exact look of the game may be different, but the basic "3d" look of the world and the full back views of the Pokemon are probably pretty likely to stay the way they are now.

Big Brother Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

They may likely call it Pokemon light and dark. It seems like a classic play on the yin yang. Two opposing forces needed to keep the other in balance.

I was also reading somewhere that release is this fall.
    Swears make baby Bonsly cry.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array colexus's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaTesla View Post
    They may likely call it Pokemon light and dark. It seems like a classic play on the yin yang. Two opposing forces needed to keep the other in balance.
    Based on how the story was in Platinum (with the distortion world), Im guessing some kind of yin yang story will play a part: the need for balance between light and dark

My biggest annoyance between release dates is that it means in Japan, they get access to a load of wifi events that we have to wait ages for. According to Serebii, Japan has already had the 10th Anniversary Mew twice, and had the Lati@s and Champ Path events.

Latest Blog Entry - Major Fail Cakes 25/04/10

- CURRENTLY -
    ...(Still) Preparing a team for the gym challenge...
    ...EV training my Marill for the Battle Arts Tournament...
    ...Choosing between two Pokes for next event...

Pokemon Trainer in Waiting Array hiro_[g]'s Avatar
    Credits

Has there been any information on which region it will be in?
    Also, has there been info on the TV show? Like, will there be a new season that takes place in a new region, etc?

It feels like the world is uber huge now with the introduction of b/w

Pokemon Trainer Array Pikadude609's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by hiro_[g] View Post
    Has there been any information on which region it will be in?
    Also, has there been info on the TV show? Like, will there be a new season that takes place in a new region, etc?

It feels like the world is uber huge now with the introduction of b/w
    No, only pics so far. Pokémon Sunday last week only showed the names. But are revealing a little more info this sunday. We should know region stuff sorta next month. Maybe in the next CoroCoro.

EDIT: Serebii confirms that CoroCoro says in the next issue there will be more info revealed. Like how you obtain Zoroark in the games.

I wonder if it's like manaphy and you get Zoroark and then breed to get Zorua, You get Zorua in a legendary battle and have special means to evolve it etc.
    That would be cool if you could only catch Zorua in White and then you have to trade it to Black and take to a special Dark Stone area or something that is only in Black. And the same for a Pokémon in white.
    Last edited by Pikadude609; 04-14-2010 at 10:23 AM.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I don't understand why there is a delay in releases. If they know they will be released in other parts of the world, why not do the translating while they are making the game and have a worldwide release? Seems like a waste of money to me to make a game and then take the time to translate it after the fact.

Unless they know how impatient Americans are and release it in Japan knowing we will buy it and then buy it again when it is released in America.