Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eevee

Pokemon Trainer Student Array saske9090's Avatar
    Credits

Default Eevee

I caught a bunch of shiny eevees like a year ago and never got around to training em or anything. Although I did IV battle for em and found that one of the modest eevees had 31 in special defense and like 26 or something in special attack. I would like help on choosing a perfect evulotion for it, and why.Also I am not sure which out my 5 eevees it is so I'm looking for an IV battle since i fund out the Ivs a long time ago.

Please and thank you.

My Flypert and Me CREDITS:Go to Ray fox-kun for the awesome flypert and trainer
    (>'.')> Copy Kirby into your Sig to help with Kirby World Domination! <('.'<)
    - Recently Caught : Shiny Vulpix! Breeding Right Now - Nothing At All!

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saske9090 View Post
    I caught a bunch of shiny eevees like a year ago and never got around to training em or anything. Although I did IV battle for em and found that one of the modest eevees had 31 in special defense and like 26 or something in special attack. I would like help on choosing a perfect evulotion for it, and why.Also I am not sure which out my 5 eevees it is so I'm looking for an IV battle since i fund out the Ivs a long time ago.

Please and thank you.
    Espeon or Glaceon would be nice for a Modest Nature and Espeon & Glaceon have base 130 SP.ATK and 95 SP.DEF.

IVs I also mark them by using the mark feature in the storage system. There are 6 different symbols and 6 stats so it makes it real easy. I only mark 30 or 31 IV stats. If they would add colors to the marking system that would be awesome.

Credits

well i noticed that an espeon would be nice but since I think or remember that my eevee has 31 in so def I wanted ti fully utilize it since its a shiny eevee. I noticed that umbreon has 394 sp def but poor attacking abilities but an espeon would be useful :P also I noticed that umbreon is UU and espeon is NU so now im reconsidering i'd like your further input and ty

Credits
    Blog Entries

well i noticed that an espeon would be nice but since I think or remember that my eevee has 31 in so def I wanted ti fully utilize it since its a shiny eevee. I noticed that umbreon has 394 sp def but poor attacking abilities but an espeon would be useful :P also I noticed that umbreon is UU and espeon is NU so now im reconsidering i'd like your further input and ty

Like I said in the PM, Espeon and Umbreon are in the BorderLine tier on PokéFarm. Calm or Careful are the desired Natures to max out the SP.DEF of an Umreon and most of Umreon's best attacks are physical.

Credits

well i mostly wnated umbreon for stalling and gradually destroying the opps pokemon i forget wat its called lol.

Credits
    Blog Entries

well i mostly wnated umbreon for stalling and gradually destroying the opps pokemon i forget wat its called lol.
    Toxic Stall - Toxic, Protect, Wish, and Payback. Great set, but Modest would not help that set.

Credits

well wouldnt 350 sp def be alright? anyways got time for an iv battle?

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Okapi's Avatar
    Credits

My first thought is umbreon, but glaceon might work almost as well. The thing is, you are wasting an IV if you pick Espeon or Glaceon, but you are wasting a nature if you pick umbreon. Leafeon would be the best choice if it was a special attacker, because it is the only Eeveelution tank, except perhaps Vaporeon, but it is physical, and vaporeon is too weak.

Torrent Gym Leader/Head Farmer Array Deneves's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Both Glaceon and Espeon have a base 95 Special Defense which is pretty good so you wouldn't be wasting the IV. Leafeon on the other hand only has a base Special Defense of 65.
    I agree with Buzz that Glaceon and Espeon will benefit the most from a Modest nature. Vaporeon does better with a defensive nature to capitalize on its high HP and Jolteon likes speedy natures, but both would be fine as Modest.
    Umbreon is best served with a defensive nature like Careful or Impish. A less desirable option is Calm or Bold and go with Dark Pulse over the more powerful Payback.
    Even just for gameplay I wouldn't recommend Modest for an Umbreon as it learns no Special Attack moves by leveling up.

Credits

Heres the deal I completly screwd up. After doing the IV battle with you I found out that my memory was failing me. These are the true Iv's only thing I was right about was the 31 in Sp.Def.

Eevee- Rash-16/22/9/1/14/11 Eevee 01- Adament-18/20/6/27/29/0 E1-Modest-18/21/17/16/31/28 E2-Modest-22/11/26/17/21/25 E3-Naughty-23/6/26/12/20/9 these are the true IV's

I plan on using E1 to make an Umbreon with 252 Sp.Def , 252 Def. and 4 HP, or 252 Sp.Def, and split the last 256 into Def and Hp as evenly as possible.

The moveset I plan on is: MoonLight, Payback, Batonpass, Toxic. I tinhk this is a good moveset because I wil intially start of by posioning the opponent , then payback as much as possible and heal with moonlight , since I will be very slow my payback should be useful damage wise or to stall. and baton pass if I can't handle the opponant to a stronger sweeper. If this doesn't work let me know adn please give me your advice, since these are CHAINED SHINIES they DO NOT have egg moves like: wish or covet etc. Thanks in advance and yes I look like a fool. >.>

Although as Deneves pointed out modest would be useless so I could use Eevee 01 and make it 252 Sp.Def and 252 Hp and then use my original moveset I thought of which is listed above. This way adament compliments payback better.
    Last edited by saske9090; 04-05-2010 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Forgot some stuff