Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Steel Wing of Honor

EPFL\Sr. Farmer\Admin Array Whitdjinn's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Default The Steel Wing of Honor

Hear ye, Hear ye.

I doth hereby establish the organization henseforth known as the Steel Wing of Honor.

This will be an organization where only the elite of the elite may reside.

Only the most steely and wingy of Skarmory can claim this honor, and will be bestowed by invitation only.

I would now like to present the current members of the Steel Wing of Honor.

Soaron - One of the most fearsome and infamous Skarmories to ever grace the PokeFarm League. Steadfast and Sturdy to the end, he once stood by his trainer, Whitdjinn, in defense of the Meteor Gym. The original Soaron, now retired, soars the skies, watching over his descendants.

Soaron II - A direct ancestor of the original Soaron, Soaron II has befriended a kindly elderly trainer known only as Nana. Not as seasoned as Soaron, but no less fierce.

Soaron III - The Great Grandson of Soaron himself, Stands proud alongside young Gym Leader Trombones13 as a faithful companion, defending the honor of the Steel Wing of Honor from within the Zeppelin Gym.

Soaron IV - In true Soaron tradition, Soaron IV defends the Meteor Gym alongside Sorgatani. As a direct descendant of the original Soaron, she has a lot to live up to - and will not disappoint.

Soaron V - A distant cousin to the original Soaron, this Skarmory has recently come to rest on the team of a valliant member of our own Elite 4, Wicked_Rapture. His fierceness is matched only by the relentlessness with which he soars.

....Is your Skarmory tough enough for entry into the Steel Wing of Honor? probably not, but if you'd like to know more, feel free to inquire. There are many responsibilities and far too few perks, as this is not a road to be taken lightly. If you think you're bird enough, please post an application in this post here, telling more about the history and specifics of your skarmory. The tribunal council will then deliberate the future of your Skarmory, and tell you what you must do in order to join.

Just a note, this is a group that is just for fun, and is meant to acknowledge the growing number of awesome Skarmories that are blessing the battling scene here at Pokefarm. Take the harsh tone of this post with a grain of salt, however the joining requirements ARE indeed tough. Feel free to use this thread also to laugh, poke fun, or discuss this group in general

Here are the standards by which all Potential Soarons are to be judged for entry into this Elite Flock.

• 31 IV in both Defense and HP at a minimum.
    • EV Spread of 252 HP 252 Defense 6 Atttack (This is not a hard and fast rule, however is the True Soaron's EV spread)
    • Established and known lineage rooting from the one true Soaron. (Please inquire, as Stud services are available, for a handsome fee)
    • Tested battle worthiness by at least the Trainer responsible for the potential Skarmory.

If any such Skarmories exist, you may submit it for entry.
    Last edited by Kurt; 08-26-2010 at 11:27 AM.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Catcatcat's Avatar
    Credits

The Skarmory that graces my team with its presence, is the envy of all Skarmory.

It is named after the wonderful Thanksgiving based meal, the magnificent Turducken. He is related to the awesome, fearsome and fantastically powerful Soaron, and recently shared a bountiful feast with said amazing bearer of the Steel Wing of Honor. His steel armour is of the highest caliber, glinting with a sheen that is brighter than 8191 other Skarmory that you will encounter, and his bright green feathers will strike opponents with awe when they gaze upon them! His nature is that of one who truly wishes to terrorize his opponents, impishly taunting them as they fall to the strength of his will.
    He takes full advantage of a Skarmory's originality and uses his steel-hard wings to bash the opponent with a move that he and his brethren alone can learn on their own, without the help of special breeding or a TM. Turducken knows how to play smart, and he has the capability to rest by landing from flight to heal himself when he is in dire straights. He also has an arsenal of traps to lay underneath the opponents to speed up their inevitable demise to a Skarmory's awesome might. Using his fearsome demeanor as well as his tremendous voice, he can scare away his opponents, forcing others in to take residual damage from the dangers he set on the battlefield.

In all, he is truly a powerful steel bird, though not as fierce as Soaron. Adding Turducken to this group would truly be a fitting addition to this group, that ironically is made up entirely of Soaron's relatives and descendants.

I bid thee farewell to deliberate on the given information.

~Catcatcat

^^^ Here are some ^^^ awesome ^^^ fusions! (Credit to Rockin' Riolu XI and SnowRok from Pokedox Forums)

Credits
    Blog Entries

The committee has conferred and reached a decision.

At this time, Turduckens do not qualify for the Steel Wing of Honor.

We have established the following criteria for the Steel Wing of Honor.

• EV Spread of 252 HP 252 Defense 6 Atttack.
    • Established and known lineage rooting from the one true Soaron.
    • Tested battle worthiness.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whitdjinn View Post
    The committee has conferred and reached a decision.

At this time, Turduckens do not qualify for the Steel Wing of Honor.

We have established the following criteria for the Steel Wing of Honor.

• EV Spread of 252 HP 252 Defense 6 Atttack.
    • Established and known lineage rooting from the one true Soaron.
    • Tested battle worthiness.

So our Skarmory would have to have been bred with one of your Skarmory that were bred from your Soaron?

Crypt Gym Secretary Array pikaluva13's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

*Urinium wonders if it is elligible* I'm not aware if it had a 31 in HP though
    It has everything else though

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    So our Skarmory would have to have been bred with one of your Skarmory that were bred from your Soaron?
    If so, I can't enter.

My Skarm has 31s in both places and 1 other stat for a start, before I go listing its other qualitys.
    --

Credits

Lol, this is awesome. I believe CanO'Beanz would be a great canidate.

She is the second incarnation of CanO'Beans and has been with me since my old days as the Mine gym leader and she has defended the mine badge toughness only a Skarm can muster.

Her IVs are 30/31/31/x/26/14 and her EVs are 252 HP/ 96 Atk/ 156 Def(I like a more offensive Skarm). While she doesn't have a perfect HP IV or a traditional spread, I doubt my reign as the Mine Gym leader wouldn't have been filled with nearly as many victories.

Pearl:3138 8955 2379
    Platinum: 2236 9523 8918
    Diamond: 1549 7576 0375
    Silver: 5329 3177 5102
    White:
    Black: 4384 4378 6673
    Banner courtesy of BlondinieNZ
    Come adopt a champion bred pokemon.
    Now breeding: Bagon

Retired Meadow Gym Leader Array run_bubba_run's Avatar
    Credits

I believe my Killer is a candidate.
    - A decendant from SoaronII, Thanks to Nanna Nettie.
    Moveset:
    - Spikes
    - Roar
    - Roost
    - Brave Bird

With 31 stats in Hp, Def and Atk She has helped me defend as assistant in the circuit gym, as well as in the competitive scene.
    [1:47:39 PM] [DRL]Jeff: wow u are so awesome and brutal XD

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Catcatcat's Avatar
    Credits

And I thought I did such a nice write up too...

^^^ Here are some ^^^ awesome ^^^ fusions! (Credit to Rockin' Riolu XI and SnowRok from Pokedox Forums)

Credits
    Blog Entries

The steel wing of honor has taken a vote on a couple of the outstanding issues, and here are the results:

Babael - We have decided that CanOBeanz and his contributions to the PokeFarm league in the past warrent recognition. If you are willing to change his name, he can henseforth be known as Soaron VI. Due to the special nature of this specific Skarmory, I understand if this is not something you are willing to do. In that case, CanOBeanz has proved himself worthy of an honorary spot in the Wing of Honor and will wear the title of Soaron as befitting a Skarmory of his calibur. Please let me know of your decision.

Run_Bubba_Run: Your skarmory, being of the true Soaron Line, and having proved himself worthy of the honor, will be henseforth known as Soaron VIII. Please contact me once you have completed this name change for your inclusion in the official record of the Steel Wing of Honor.

Sorgatani: Your skarmory, being a direct descendant of Soaron, and being of ideal quality and sturdiness will henseforth be known as Soaron IV. Congratulations, and please contact me when you have completed this name change for your inclusion in the official record of the Steel Wing of Honor.

Other Notes: Please note, that CanOBeanz will likely be the only other Skarmory worthy of an honorary spot which does not require a name-change, due to its importance in the PokeFarm League history.

Also, we have relaxed our standards somewhat for inclusion, please refer to the initial post, where the standards will be kept up to date and revised as needed.

To be included in the Steel Wing of Honor is not something that is granted lightly, though as you can see, the bloodlines of Soaron are strong here on PokeFarm, and should any member of this Bloodline reach these standards, it does require an actual name-change as a sign of its quality in training and breeding alike.

For those of you who have Skype, I have also begun an Official Steel Wing of Honor conversation which you will be invited to, once granted entry. I have also considered beginning a social group, however I never remember to check up on those things :P