Thread: 0 IV Breeding in B/W/B2/W2

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default 0 IV Breeding in B/W/B2/W2

I always look for the 31 IV phrases and toss everything else. I assume I could have tossed a 30/30/30/30/30/30 IV Pokémon and not even have known it.

Now I am breeding a Pokémon that I want a 0 IV SPD. Usually when I have a Pokémon with 2 IVs the same, like say 31 IV ATK on both parents, I put my power item on another IV.

Being as it is a pain to IV check in B/W/B2/W2 I pretty much have to keep the Power Anklet on the 0 IV SPD. The IVs I want are 31 IVs atleast in HP and ATK. So Ideally I would want to have a Power Weight for 31 IV HP, but how am I going to know if it is 0 IV SPD?

I could go to my Join Avenue and buy it's level ups and check the IVs or the Battle Subway auto levels to level 50 I believe, but I would have to check 1 Pokémon then reset to check another.

So Possibly being a long drawn out breeding session for me.

Has anyone tried breeding for a 0 IV Pokémon?

Any tips?

Torrent Gym Leader/Head Farmer Array Deneves's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I save a couple 0 IV speed of some pokes(timburr with payback, brave karrablast), but have never really tried to breed them.
    I check IVs by going to the IV checker and usually don't bother with anything that is not relatively superior or outstanding.
    I mark the 31s and head to route 3. Put experience share on the poke and put it in the first position and ride until I see the the grass shaking and look for Audino. They are level 55-58 there and by switching out and fainting Audino you can raise the level to the low to mid 20s. In the high teens I start checking IVs at every level boost and usually have them zeroed in by the mid 20s. If one still isn't quite exact I can use Rare Candies and/or Wings to get them there and simply reset without saving.
    At this level Audino's only attack is Double Edge and Last Resort so Ghost type can't be damaged and Steel and Rock types take little damage.
    The Hidden move guy in PWT can help narrow the IVs even more so you can also check with him first and enter that in the IV calculator. Its a pain but I usually have a fast flyer that can escape any unwanted encounters and a poke to defeat Audino and check four in my party consecutively before resetting.

I would think it best to put the power item on 0 the speed as it is easier to see if you get the 31s in the other stats. In this generation HP and Defense have the same odds of being passed down as any other stats, but with a 0 in speed you may find good pokemon without relatively superior stats.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deneves View Post
    I save a couple 0 IV speed of some pokes(timburr with payback, brave karrablast), but have never really tried to breed them.
    I check IVs by going to the IV checker and usually don't bother with anything that is not relatively superior or outstanding.
    I mark the 31s and head to route 3. Put experience share on the poke and put it in the first position and ride until I see the the grass shaking and look for Audino. They are level 55-58 there and by switching out and fainting Audino you can raise the level to the low to mid 20s. In the high teens I start checking IVs at every level boost and usually have them zeroed in by the mid 20s. If one still isn't quite exact I can use Rare Candies and/or Wings to get them there and simply reset without saving.
    At this level Audino's only attack is Double Edge and Last Resort so Ghost type can't be damaged and Steel and Rock types take little damage.
    The Hidden move guy in PWT can help narrow the IVs even more so you can also check with him first and enter that in the IV calculator. Its a pain but I usually have a fast flyer that can escape any unwanted encounters and a poke to defeat Audino and check four in my party consecutively before resetting.

I would think it best to put the power item on 0 the speed as it is easier to see if you get the 31s in the other stats. In this generation HP and Defense have the same odds of being passed down as any other stats, but with a 0 in speed you may find good pokemon without relatively superior stats.
    Oh wait HP and DEF pass at the same rate? I did not read that anywhere. Hmmm, so yes keeping 0 IV SPD with a Power Anklet would work.

I finally just got the urge to breed again and Smogon crushes that feeling. Knowing that they have a system to RNG abuse a Pokémon and can get a perfect Pokémon with little effort just drives me nuts.

All I can hope for is that my knowledge and strategy is enough to overcome perfect Pokémon.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array platinum's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    Oh wait HP and DEF pass at the same rate? I did not read that anywhere. Hmmm, so yes keeping 0 IV SPD with a Power Anklet would work.

I finally just got the urge to breed again and Smogon crushes that feeling. Knowing that they have a system to RNG abuse a Pokémon and can get a perfect Pokémon with little effort just drives me nuts.

All I can hope for is that my knowledge and strategy is enough to overcome perfect Pokémon.
    I for one have no problem with RNGing. Though I've never used any RNGed Pokemon here (and I don't plan to), away from this forum (and I've been away for a while), it's pretty much mandatory, which I find to have its perks and its downsides.

Thanks so much Vasden2!
    White FC: 5071-8056-6941
    White2 FC: 4041-4660-3856
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-6481-9101
    Friend Safari: Bug- Ledyba/Volbeat/Venemoth

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    I for one have no problem with RNGing. Though I've never used any RNGed Pokemon here (and I don't plan to), away from this forum (and I've been away for a while), it's pretty much mandatory, which I find to have its perks and its downsides.
    You mean using the RNGReporter? I don't like it, and yes I am aware it is just taking advantage of an in game mechanic, but it is still using a 3rd party program to do so.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array platinum's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    You mean using the RNGReporter? I don't like it, and yes I am aware it is just taking advantage of an in game mechanic, but it is still using a 3rd party program to do so.
    Yeah. Which is why even though I can both RNG and Masuda Method shinies, I prefer to Masuda Method. Makes me feel more accomplished.

Thanks so much Vasden2!
    White FC: 5071-8056-6941
    White2 FC: 4041-4660-3856
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-6481-9101
    Friend Safari: Bug- Ledyba/Volbeat/Venemoth