Thread: Pikachusaywhat?!?!

Credits

Default Pikachusaywhat?!?!

Heh, hi. =)
    This is a little epic I've scribbled together randomly out of my very boring night. It's open to criticism, suggestions, opinions...Anything, really.
    But just so you know, I'm not trying one hundred percent. ^^"

~X~

I was running through the tall grass, my dark brown hair whipping around me as the wind smacked into my face. My legs carried me at impossible speeds, and my heart didn't even quicken. I felt like I was part Rapidash; like I was free.

That is, until something was dropped on my stomach and I blinked open my eyes.

Groaning softly, I blinked, seeing something black and orange right in my face. Once my eyes came into vision, I realized it was a young Houndour, only about level fifteen, with really bad breath.

I gasped in shock and sat upright, staring down at the little Pokemon with my mouth gaped open. Hearing laughs, I turned my head to the side to see my Mom, my Dad, my sister and my little brother, looking very annoyed about something. "Happy birthday, baby!" My Mom laughed, a warm smile lighting up her face.

My Dad chuckled, tilting his head to the Houndour puppy. "He's yours, if you haven't figured it out already."

So this was why my brother was so angry.

I blinked in confusion, and then remembered that today was my fourteenth birthday. Smiling, I thanked them both, looking down at my new Pokemon and gently running my hand along the bones that encircled it's back. "Hey, buddy." I chuckled, finding myself already fond of this new little addition to my family. "I think I'll call you...Dimitri."

Looking up at my Mom and Dad, something even better than realizing this new little Pokemon was mine. I realized that today, I could finally start on my Pokemon Journey, finally go out into the world and become who I wanted to be.

Standing up while cradling Dimitri in my arms, I sighed softly, seeing my mother and father's expressions. They seemed a mixture of things, really. Anxious. Excited. Sad...I supposed it would be hard for them, sending their oldest out into the world. But it always happened, and I knew that somehow they'd cope. They had my brother and sister, after all...

"Thanks, you guys. I really mean it."

They both grinned encouragingly and glanced at each other before looking back at me. "We'll be downstairs." And with that, they all turned -- including my very displeased-looking brother -- and headed out of my room, closing the door behind me. Letting little Dimitri down on my bed, I ran over to my closet, rummaged through it and pulled on a white tank top, light blue jeans and a green Arepostale hoodie (Who says you can't be free without looking good?). Calling Dimitri, I dashed downstairs and saw my family all sitting at the kitchen table. I frowned, hugged and kissed both my parents -- even my brother and sister -- and sighed. "I'll see you when I'm the best." I said, an amused smile lighting both my and my parents' faces as my sister scoffed.

"I'll be the best."

"No, I will!" My brother pipped in.

My parents and I laughed, my father handed me six pokeballs, and I waved, turning and strolling out of the house, Dimitri trailing along behind me. I decided he would be my best friend, rather than my tool.

"Good luck, Shane!" Both of my parents called from the door; my brother and sister were still too busy arguing to take any notice of my leave.

So this was what freedom was like, I thought, rather glumly as I stopped at the edge of the tall grass, hesitating for a mere second before plunging in, Dimitri's paw steps soft against the earth under us as he padded along beside me.

At that moment, I decided to make a vow. A vow that one day I would become the best Pokemon trainer I could be, and make my family proud. A slow, reluctant smile crossed my face as I started to feel a bit better about what I was doing.

What I felt a few seconds ago hadn't been freedom -- that was just guilt. This, was freedom.

~X~

And yeah, I have to go now so I'll continue on with it for a while until it's either done or I get bored with it. XD

Post away!

Last edited by Apollumi; 04-16-2009 at 06:47 PM.
    My Pokemon bring all the nerds to the yard
    And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?"
    And I'm like, "I wanna trade cards!
    Just not, my Charizard!"

Pokemon Trainer Student Array cyndaman's Avatar
    Credits

Nice story, my couz. Good start, but the title is a bit random XD But still, good story all the way.
    Thanks Jats! Name: Kingnite2

Credits

Hah, why thank you, my dear cousin.
    However, I personally think it sucks. XD
    Whateverz, I'll just add some excitment into it.
    And as for the name...Well, I had a brainfart and had to put SOMETHING there. XDD
    Just not, my Charizard!"

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Psychic4Life's Avatar
    Credits

Nice story so far! Houndoom (well Houndour in your story) rules! *insert protagonist's name here* is so lucky, getting their starter at level 15 .
    Empty sig, saving people's scrolling time one sig at a time.

Credits

Thanks. =)
    -chucklechuckle-
    Yeah, I figured getting it at level five would be boring, so...
    Wait a second.
    -reads back-
    Darn it, I forgot to add her name in there. XDDD
    Just not, my Charizard!"

Credits

Alright, I think it's about time for Chapter 2. xD

~.::Another Day, Another Face::.~
    "So, I was thinking we needed some sort of motto. Y'know, before we battle someone...Or something." I said, glancing down at Dimitri. He was staring ahead of himself, his snout raised slightly as if he was scenting the air - which he probably was - and his ears perked as he listened to my rambling. "What do you think of, 'Bring it, punk'?"

"A bit cliche'd. But I'm not going to judge..."

I whipped my head around, my hair slapping my neck and cheeks as I stared down at my little Houndour. Did he just talk? I let my mouth hang open as I searched for something to say, but before I could think of anything intelligable I heard hysterical laughter behind me. Apparently Dimitri did too, because he whipped his head around and growled.

I looked back, eyes still wide from shock and saw a fairly tall boy. He had chestnut brown, messy hair that fell over his icy blue eyes, a sort of golden-ish tan, and sharp, angular facial features. He wasn't like most of the lanky, awkward teen guys I usually saw walking around outside my house - he was tall, yes, but most were tall compared to me. He looked pretty muscular. Well, I thought I saw the outline of a few muscles hiding behind his dark blue jeans, white muscule shirt and black Aeropostale hoodie.

I didn't have much time to register what had just happen before the mysterious teen tilted his head to the side - hair falling to the side as he did so, sort of revealing his eyes fully for the first time in ten seconds...Which were glowing in amusement - and grinned. Man, he had ridiculously white teeth. "Oh, I'm sorry...Did I startle you?"

I instantly straightened up and regained my composure, my face going from blank to stubborn. "Hm. Right, nice try, but I heard you." I lyed, trying to keep my cheeks from turning crimson. I was a terrible liar. "Uh...P-Plus, I know fully well that Pokemon don't talk."

The boy seemed to take no notice in my awkwardness as he put out a hand. "Right, sure. I'm Danny." He grinned.

I blinked and hesitantly put my hand out as well, taking his. His hands were huge and rough, compared to my small, ivory ones. "Shane." I said, watching his face curiously. Something about him sparked my interest - not just the fact that I wanted to know what he wanted.

"So, I assume that you're a new trainer, Shane. Am I correct?" Danny asked.

I rose an eyebrow, "And what makes you say that?" I sniffed. He had no right to make assumptions like that...Even if it were true.

"Well, your look a little lost and your Pokemon seems to want to rip my head off."

I blinked and looked down at Dimitri. He was arched, the fur between his bones raised. His ears were perked, his eyes were narrowed, and his teeth were bared in a snarl as I growled and barked at Danny. I couldn't help but blush in embarrassment. "Dimitri! No! It's fine, cut it out." I commanded sternly.

Dimitri continued to growl, bark, snarl and drool at Danny.

I sighed and looked at Danny before bending over and picking up my little buddy. He continued to glare up at Danny, ready to leap out of my arms and maul him as if he were a psycho with a machete coming at me. "I'm sorry. I suppose he doesn't like strangers that much."

Danny shrugged, seemingly unconcerned by my snarling little ball of bones and fur. Why should he be? He was, like, at least one hundred pounds heavier. "Or maybe he just wants a fight?" He suggested with a grin, taking a Pokeball out of his belt.

I blinked and glanced down at Dimitri, a small grin forming on my face. Yes, a battle…Just what we needed to start out on fulfilling our vow. Well, my vow. “What do you say, buddy? Up for a battle?”

Dimitri stopped growling and drooling long enough to look up at me, snort and whip his head back at Danny.

“I’ll take that as a yes; don’t worry, I’ll go easy on you.” Danny smirked, throwing his Pokeball up into the air. A red light flashed and as the ball came back neatly into Danny’s hand, a sort of fish, dog, cat thing was sitting on the grass, its huge black eyes staring up at me. Yellow fin-like...Things were sprouting from it's head, and a dark blue one grew in the middle of it's head. There was a weird white fin-collar growing around it's neck, there were blue rigids sprouting from it's spine, its tail was a fin and it's main color was a light blue. It took me a few minutes to realize that it was a vaporeon.

Dimitri leapt out of my arms and dropped his lower body nearly to the ground, growling and glaring at the vaporeon. It seemed oddly calm to me - but then, I guessed Danny must have trained it well. He didn't exactly look like a newbie trainer.

"Dimitri, run at it's side and use tackle! Full force!" I ordered. Amazingly, Dimitri obeyed, running straight at the vaporeon at full throttle.

"Nemo! Dodge and hit it with quick attack!" Danny commanded, and I watched in amazement as his vaporeon..."Nemo" hustled to the side and basically disappeared. Dimitri stopped and whipped his head from side to side, frantically looking for his target, and was rammed hard in the side. He was knocked off of his paws with Nemo towering over him.

I set my jaw, refusing to let this get to us. “Dimitri, get up, jump over the opponent and use smog!”

Dimitri commanded, leaping to his paws and nimbly jumping over Nemo. When he was over the fish-thing, he spat out a disgusting ball of what looked like sludge. The attack hit Nemo right in the back, and I smirked slightly, satisfied with our successful hit. The vapor eon screeched slightly, and I just knew it was poisoned.

“Nemo, retaliate with a strong tackle.” Danny ordered, and Nemo growled softly, whipped around to face the just-landing Dimitri and raced towards him. Dimitri was hit right in his hip and was knocked over once again, startled.

“Finish it off with water gun!“ Danny yelled.

Leaping back slightly, Nemo opened his mouth. A stream of water shot out and hit Dimitri straight in the face. And just like that, it was pretty much all over. Dimitri was on the ground, soaking wet and twitching.
    Just not, my Charizard!"

Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheNinjaPhoenix's Avatar
    Credits

oooohhh... Its good!
    This is a signature. Ha.

Credits

Thanks.