Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: ev training and information?

  1. #1
    Poke Kid Array Odude25's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    49
    Credits
    1,558

    Post ev training and information?

    now that im gonna breed pkmn and train em from lvl 1 to 100
    i need to know about ev's.tools u can use for them,how to train ev's
    ,and basically what they are.

  2. #2
    Administrator ♪ Array Kurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,765
    Credits
    88,451
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default

    The Great Tools/Info subforum has several good threads, including these:

    http://forum.pokefarm.com/showthread.php?t=1388
    http://forum.pokefarm.com/showthread.php?t=4633

    Hope it helps you.

  3. #3
    Pokemon Trainer Student Array wraithseer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Chester, England
    Posts
    579
    Credits
    5,339

    Default

    You don't have to train them to lvl 100. Only to level at which they have got all the moves you want them to have / have finished EV training. Over WiFi pokémon levels get scaled to 100 or 50 automatically. So no need to waste your time.

  4. #4
    Pokemon Trainer Student Array rj61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bakersfield, California
    Posts
    829
    Credits
    13,188

    Default

    OK. I didn't want to start a new thread so I will post my question here. Its another question about ev training. I am training a bagon in attack and hp/defense. Is there an easier way than battling 252 shinx and 252 bidoof to get the ev points, and my other question is do you start leveling them up after you finish ev training or during. By leveling up I mean start battling other pokes and trainers to level up to like 80 or 90.
    3DS FC Brock: 0791 2277 3703


    About to start breeding better Poke's getting ready for battling. Are you ready?

  5. #5
    She Will, She Will, Rock You Array Sorgatani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Victoria, Australia (GMT +10)
    Posts
    2,654
    Credits
    9,550
    Blog Entries
    31

    Default

    EV train before levelling up. I cannot stress this enough.

    If your pokemon gain levels while EV training, that's great - but it may not have the complete moveset in place. So level it up after EV training is complete.

    If you level it up on random pokemon when EV training is incomplete, your pokemon-in-training will never be fully EV trained, as it will have gained EVs from random pokemon.

    The fastest way to EV train a pokemon is with
    Pokerus and
    Power Items

    With those two factors, one shinx (with a power anklet) is worth 10 EV points.
    So you would (if not using Carbos) need to battle 25 Shinx with the Anklet, and 1 without the anklet.
    If using Carbos, use 10 carbos before you start, then battle 15 shinx with it attached, and 1 without.
    Credit for Michigan Toed image goes to thefuriousangel
    Credit for Jester Politoed image goes to N0t2f34r
    Sorgatani's Pokemon Collection


  6. #6
    Forge Gym Leader/Tournament Director Array Jhamin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    1,852
    Credits
    26,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rj61 View Post
    Is there an easier way than battling 252 shinx and 252 bidoof to get the ev points,
    I really encourage you to read the posts that were linked to at the top of this thread. It goes into a lot of detail on how EVs are earned and what the many shortcuts are.

    And Sorgatini is correct about the leveling. One thing a lot of new trainers have trouble wrapping their heads around is that level doesn't matter in Wireless battles. The WiFi functions of the Gen IV games sets everyone in the battle to the same level, factoring in all the EVs they have earned. Most of my teams are filled with Pokemon that have levels in the low 20s.

  7. #7
    Pokemon Trainer Student Array Arcticwlf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    155
    Credits
    1,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorgatani View Post
    So you would (if not using Carbos) need to battle 25 Shinx with the Anklet, and 1 without the anklet.
    If using Carbos, use 10 carbos before you start, then battle 15 shinx with it attached, and 1 without.
    I think you mean Protein, Tani, not Carbos. Carbos are for Speed.

  8. #8
    Gemini Gym Leader Array Paiopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,290
    Credits
    6,454
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorgatani View Post
    EV train before levelling up. I cannot stress this enough.

    If your pokemon gain levels while EV training, that's great - but it may not have the complete moveset in place. So level it up after EV training is complete.

    If you level it up on random pokemon when EV training is incomplete, your pokemon-in-training will never be fully EV trained, as it will have gained EVs from random pokemon.

    The fastest way to EV train a pokemon is with
    Pokerus and
    Power Items

    With those two factors, one shinx (with a power anklet) is worth 10 EV points.
    So you would (if not using Carbos) need to battle 25 Shinx with the Anklet, and 1 without the anklet.
    If using Carbos, use 10 carbos before you start, then battle 15 shinx with it attached, and 1 without.
    And like your parents and doctor tells you! EAT YOUR VITAMINS! Vitamins are a good way to reduce ev training. You can give up to 10 vitamins for a certain stat. That gives you 100 evs in that stat, I believe.

    protein - for attack
    calcium - for special attack
    iron - for defense
    carbos - for speed
    zinc - for special defense


    "The answer lies in the heat of battle."

    FC in upper right corner.
    Paiopa's Battle Adventures

  9. #9
    Administrator ♪ Array Kurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,765
    Credits
    88,451
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paiopa View Post
    And like your parents and doctor tells you! EAT YOUR VITAMINS! Vitamins are a good way to reduce ev training. You can give up to 10 vitamins for a certain stat. That gives you 100 evs in that stat, I believe.

    protein - for attack
    calcium - for special attack
    iron - for defense
    carbos - for speed
    zinc - for special defense
    Shall I include my trademark notice?
    GIVE VITAMINS FIRST. Don't start doing battles before you add the Vitamins, or they won't add.

  10. #10
    She Will, She Will, Rock You Array Sorgatani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Victoria, Australia (GMT +10)
    Posts
    2,654
    Credits
    9,550
    Blog Entries
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticwlf View Post
    I think you mean Protein, Tani, not Carbos. Carbos are for Speed.
    Yeah.. hehe my bad
    Credit for Michigan Toed image goes to thefuriousangel
    Credit for Jester Politoed image goes to N0t2f34r
    Sorgatani's Pokemon Collection


Similar Threads

  1. Passwords and other game information
    By HMTKSteve in forum Pokemon Rumble
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2009, 03:33 PM
  2. Forum Information
    By TheMonsterAtlas in forum Forum Feedback
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 09:46 AM
  3. Faculty and Student Information
    By BugCatcher6 in forum Pokemon Academy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-22-2009, 04:26 AM
  4. Rock and Roles (Team Information)
    By Whitdjinn in forum Meteor Gym
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-05-2008, 12:22 PM
  5. information
    By Boba_fett66 in forum General Trades
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-09-2008, 12:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •