Pokemon Selection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. HMTKSteve
    HMTKSteve
    With the challenge scheduled to commence in less than a month what Pokemon should be used?

Pokemon used will not be bred for moves, natures, IVs, etc. They will be hatched before trading to the cart which means they will behave badly if you do not get your badges quickly!

I would like there to be as little type duplication as possible in the selection while still allowing each challenger the freedom to pick any starter without feeling handicapped due to type restrictions (If they pick Water starter there is no Grass/Fire Pokemon to cover the missing starter types!)

So please, let the discussion begin!
  2. pokemonpal7
    pokemonpal7
    How about the Kanto starter strong to the starter picked on the game, and the Johto one weak to it? That would cover the basic Fire-Grass-Water triangle.

By the way, this looks good. I love taking on challenges to improve gameplay.
  3. HMTKSteve
    HMTKSteve
    Can you give a more descriptive example?
  4. pokemonpal7
    pokemonpal7
    For example, if I picked a Mudkip, you would also get a Bulbasaur and Chikorita. Torchic, and you would get Squirtle and Chikorita, then Treecko would have Charmander and Totodile as it's fellow team members.
  5. TheNinjaPhoenix
    TheNinjaPhoenix
    Hm - that takes time, but may work - I'm in regardless.
  6. HMTKSteve
    HMTKSteve
    I think I have figured out a very simple restrictions, one of each type.

You can catch any Pokemon you want but you can only catch/have one of each given type. If a Pokemon is dual type than those two types are taken. If a Pokemon can evolve into a dual type and the other type already exists among your captured Pokemon (pokedex not just party/box) then you can not let it evolve.
  7. pokemonpal7
    pokemonpal7
    So you have at most 17 pokemon? Seems legit.
  8. TheNinjaPhoenix
    TheNinjaPhoenix
    Clever idea too. It'll be challenging using dual types too. Knowing its two slots down.
  9. pokemonpal7
    pokemonpal7
    I'll probably go all dual-types. I'm not great at training more than 6 pokemon, because I find it tedious bashing in the grass. That's why I'll never Nuzlocke B/W2
  10. TheNinjaPhoenix
    TheNinjaPhoenix
    Steve - what restrictions will there be? Such as you know, someone going yeah I'll have Absol/Scyther or something... powerhousey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast