I don't fear Shakespeare

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. meeker
    meeker
    Lance

Nay, I'll show you the manner of it. This shoe is my father, no this left shoe is my father, no no, this left shoe is my mother; nay that can't be so neither; yes, it is so, it is so, it hath the worser sole. This shoe with the hole in it is my mother, and this, my father, a vengence on't. There 'tis now sit. This staff is my sister, for, look you, it is as white as a lily and as small as a wand. This hat is Nan, our maid, and I am the dog, and the dog is himself, and I am the dog. Ohhhh! The dog is me and I am myself. 'Aye so so. Now come I to my father, Father, your blessing, now should the shoe not speak a word for weeping; now should I kiss my father? Well, he weeps on. Now come I to my mother, Oh that she could speak now like a wood woman! Well, I kiss her. Why, there 'tis. Here is her breathe, up, and down. Now come I to my sister, mark the moan she makes; now the dog, all this while, sheds not a tear, nor speaks a word, but see how I lay the dust, with my tears...
  2. LovelyStrife
    That's from Two Gentelmen of Verona, correct? I wanted to see that on Shakespeare on the Green a few years back but I couldn't make time in my schedule.
  3. meeker
    meeker
    yes it is, I know it's Shakespear's worst play, but I still love it
  4. LovelyStrife
    lol Just a matter of opinion. I liked it too.

My favorite is probibly Hamlet. Although there are some really creepy movie versions of that one.
  5. meeker
    meeker
    call me a romantic but my favorite is by far, romeo and juliet
  6. LovelyStrife
    Ah, that's a classic. We did huge projects on that play my Freshman year in high school.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234