View RSS Feed

Momtaro

Momtaros Rants and Raves~ January 26 2009

Rate this Entry
I have the day after the Superbowl Blues! Not only did my team not win, but I have a cold, so I really couldn't taste the guacomole and yelling when the Cards were ahead in the game made my voice crackle. And whenever I hear that "number two" is not all that bad, it makes me think of what they say in Italy about the horserace called "Il Palio." Number two is the absolute worst place to be in. Better to be last. Number two means that you were just >that< close to being number ONE! Hahahaha!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rant~Jerks who play sports. No matter how many times I see it, I really lose respect for professional sports players who punch, hit or kick their opponent. It is very low class and does now show your audience anything about your mad skills on the playing field. It's just dirty playing, and you should be ashamed of yourself!

Rave~To Greece Athena High School. Please watch this. THIS is an athlete with heart and a team with true sportsmanship, heart and soul. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZJhfP50bxE

Rant~ Chicken Wing Shortage. How unsuperbowlish! I was forced to resort to eating chicken fingers of all things, and who knows where they come from?

Rave~ To Territorial Seed Company. Every year in mid January yours is the first catalog I receive in the mail. Just thinking about tilling the garden and planting seeds,makes me so happy! I re-live through your pages watching seedlings grow and develop....picking and smelling the first sun-warmed ripe tomato from the vine.....ah the memories of summer! Reading through the pages is like reading about hope and promise. And yumminess!

Submit "Momtaros Rants and Raves~ January 26 2009" to Digg Submit "Momtaros Rants and Raves~ January 26 2009" to del.icio.us Submit "Momtaros Rants and Raves~ January 26 2009" to StumbleUpon Submit "Momtaros Rants and Raves~ January 26 2009" to Google

Categories

Comments

Mmmm... You've made me miss my garden more than ever, Momtaro! Oh, the joys of garden tomatoes! *drools*
    Glad to see you blogging some more!
    And I just watched that video - that is TOO cool! I have a friend that used to work the IT for all the schools in that district, I will have to ask him if he knew about this guy. Thanks so much for sharing that!!!
    @Rant #1: Zidane had every right to head butt that man! The other guy was talking about his mother!
    I think chicken fingers are strips of chicken breast. I actually like them better than chicken wings.

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: