View RSS Feed

Ms. Lovely's Thoughts

Interesting Day....

Rate this Entry
It's been an interesting day. I actually got some sleep last night but I didn't want to wake up this morning. But I did anyways and drug myself into work. Most of the day I didn't have any sense of time, which is annoying. One minute it's 10 a.m. and the next it's 2 p.m. and I have to take lunch because I've forgotten all about that. But during lunch I did post [URL="http://forum.pokefarm.com/album.php?albumid=75"]an album[/URL] of pictures of my hoglet, Sonic.

[IMG]http://forum.pokefarm.com/picture.php?albumid=75&pictureid=776[/IMG]

I'm not sure why, but my right knee is hurting today. Of course it has to be the knee on my good leg. I have ankle issues with my left side and I can tollerate a very high amount of pain on that half of me. But my right side, my strong side, it's hard to ignore it. And it isn't just the type of pain that happens only when I walk. It hurts all the time, which is the worst. If it's bad in the morning then I'll have to use my cane at work tomorrow... >_<

I hate using that cane. I feel so defeated when I have to. Somebody my age shouldn't need a cane to walk. I know that it's needed for me to get better, but I usually wait until things are unbearable before I give in and use it. I really hurt my ankle about a month ago and had to use it for several days. One day I brought it to work with me... It was the first time since high school that I needed it to move during the day. It's one thing to need and use a cane when you're at home, but quite another when you need it in public. Everybody looked at me with such pity... I hate those looks more than anything. I don't want, need, or deserve their pity. Or maybe I do... Maybe I'm not strong enough. Maybe they pity me for being so weak...

I wish I could be strong. The strongest person I ever knew was my great-grandmother. It still pains me to think of her death... It was just after my birthday. I don't celebrate my birthday anymore because of it. Things were never quite the same after she died and they never will be. I've come to terms with most of that. I can accept that my father will disown me for associating with some of my extended family. I've learned to cope with the inevitable feeling of emptiness that comes when December rolls around. But I don't think I will ever feel as though I live up to her. I feel like I've failed her in so many ways in the past several years.

Wow, no clue how I went off on that tangent. But nothing wrong with a good tangent now and then. At least getting it all down will give everybody a glimpse into the madness that is my mind. lol I'm a firm believer in the fact that sanity is highly over-rated.

Work was stressful as usual. Mondays are always very busy, but this Monday I didn't get any chance for scanning. I'm over one week behind and my boss says that I'm working too many hours. I wouldn't have to if my fellow order entry drone was compitant, but she is so slow with entering orders. I'm very fast but she plateaued in speed and overall compitancy within the job the second week she started. She might be going soon, so I'll have another to train. I'm overwhelmed at the moment, but somehow I managed to get through the day.

When I got home things were busy-busy as usual. lol I had to get some [URL="http://forum.pokefarm.com/showthread.php?t=6778"]ditto[/URL] from my ranch for a trade, then I did an evolution trade, then I did a competative battle with my good friend darqred (he won against me for the first time! Yay! Although I still wish I hadn't got distracted by the annoying sales people at the door.). I lost, 2-0, close matches are the best. His team gets better every time and his Skarmory is the bane of my existance, but we have fun with it. Once we were done with a normal battle, darqred helped me out with five IV battles to check my magnets.

Oh yes, the magnets. My next event, Magnemite. They are coming along just great. I'm surprised that they are doing so well considering the relatively few number of rounds I've done. In fact, I haven't switched parents since the second round. :shock: I'm going to do Modest and Timid ones, but most will be modest. I'm not going to do as many timid rounds, I'm mostly doing several by request because some people thought Timid was a good nature for the little beasts. I aim to please, so I shall do my best.

Some magnemite will make the event just for having interesting hidden powers. I don't expect most to be adopted, but we'll see what happens. I know that I've got way too many for this event, so I actually can't wait to get it up to empty up some box space... Here are some of the ones that will be in the event.

0, 13, 18, 30, 15, 14 HP 68 Fire
11, 28, 9, 30, 30, 30 HP 66 Flying
30, 31, 4, 15, 30, 5 HP 62 Ghost
31, 13, 4, 28, 29, 9 HP 30 Grass

I'm still working on the story for said magnet event. It will be a bit of a joke between me and another one of my good friends here on pokefarm, assuming that he remembers. I doubt he will, in fact he probibly won't even read it, but only time will tell. I know and that is what matters the most, non?

I'm also constantly working on my [URL="http://forum.pokefarm.com/showthread.php?t=6778"]ditto event[/URL]. I feel so bad that I haven't added ditto for such a long time... But I just haven't had the time. I need to get my adamant synchronizer out and then chain outside of Canalave so that I can get more adamant ones in. I got two adamant ditto from Sheeno today during a trade, so I'll have to IV check them and post them. I'll also have to check them to make sure I don't need to use any EV killing berries. I'd hate to give inacurate stats on the ditto that I give out. I already feel bad enough that I had to delete over 60 from the event from when my secondary DS was restarted. It makes me so sad that so many pink blobs were lost... :cry:

I'm so happy with how the [URL="http://forum.pokefarm.com/showthread.php?t=7568"]oddish event[/URL] turned out. So much fun with such cute little pokemon. ^_^ They turned out with great IV's and the respons by people was great. But my favorite part of it was the story. I think that story is without a doubt the best I have ever written. It just came to me one day and I ran with it. I'm currently working on doing more 3rd person stuff so that when if I ever do a narrative that follows LC through her travels I'll be better at it. Doing spuradic little short stories here and there really helps me become stronger at it. I think that the oddish story really helped my confidence in my abilities as far as writing is concerned. Hopefully I can keep it up, I love to write. lol I wouldn't be doing this blog or my [URL="http://forum.pokefarm.com/showthread.php?t=6194"]fan fiction[/URL] if I didn't.

Yeah, i'm working on some entries for my diary. It hasn't been easy... I know what will happen for a long time. I just... I don't know why, but I find it hard to write it all. Overwhelming is a good word for it. But I try and I do my best, nobody can ask from me in good concience.

Oh, and I made a new friend today. Seaer. I love making friends, it makes me feel popular. lol And gives me one more person to randomly poke during the day. Oh yes, there are so many perks to being my friend. lol

Well, I suppose that's about it for today. Pretty boring day overall, although some of the magnets I checked were outstanding. I found one that I"m going to keep from the last batch, so that's encouraging. ^_^ Hopefully the batch tomorrow will be as nice or better.

:bloom: LCS

Submit "Interesting Day...." to Digg Submit "Interesting Day...." to del.icio.us Submit "Interesting Day...." to StumbleUpon Submit "Interesting Day...." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

sonic is super cute!
    Ohh,does it have spikes???
    Yes, he definetly does. I'll have to take a picture of just his quills next to a pen or some coins so that people can get an idea of how big they are. The average hedgehog has over 7,000 quills at any given time. ^_^

Sonic has two different colors for quills. He has pure white quills, which comprise most of his quills. He also has brown banded quills, so they are white and have a band or two of brown in the middle or on the end. That's what gives him his distince "chocolate chip" coloring.
    Did you ever got hurt???
    He hasn't drawn blood yet, but sometimes when he's upset he will do this kinda jumpy thing and try to really get you with his quills. That can sting a bit but I don't think it hurts.

My little sonic doesn't do this self anointing thing, which is basically just a way to say he coats his quills in saliva. If a hedgehog does that, it's supposed to sting or leave a tingling sensation when you touch the quills.
    Do you pet him???
    Well, not in a traditional way. He likes it when I stroke his tummy sometimes, but he doesn't like it when you stroke his quills. Basically, quills can be either relaxed or defensive. When they are relaxed then they are just like big, course hairs. They don't hurt at all and it almost looks like normal fur, especially at a distance. When they are defensive, he curls up a bit and all the quills stand up and criss-cross. This gives him good coverage so that he can defend himself. Hedgehogs only have their quills to defend themselves. They can bite, but it didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. (he's bitten me twice, once because he was aggitated and I didn't put him back in his cage and once when I was feeding him a meal worm and he got my finger instead of the worm)

But yea, I do pet him. He lets me because he knows my smell and trusts me. If other people try to pet him then he just curls up and huffs because he doesn't like it at all.
    i like the hedgehog? couldnt you make for your cat?
    Well, the cats are afraid of the hoglet. The just sniffed him and then decided he was too well fortified to get any more investigation. Sithums runs away when he's even in the room. lol

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: