View RSS Feed

Weekend Update

The Clone Wars

Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
This weekend's movie was chosen by the flip of a coin. Well, I lost the roll and a quarter (again...).

Iíll make this short:

Spoilers Alert: No Spoilers.

Star Wars The Clone Wars was the main feature. Pretty good actually. I personally think it had more action than all 6 films combined.

The whole animated thing felt kind of childish, but good nonetheless. Made it look fresh, Whatís up with Obi-Wanís beard?

I like how this time around they focused the story around some new characters. But still, this far, far universe is still pretty small. A place where everybody knows everybody and the same people have the ability to destroy or save this universe, always. I was actually expecting The Solo to make an appearance, which never happened.; this is good or bad depending if youíre a fan boy. Or not. But thatís the only bone I have to pick with the entire series.

Other than that, for my surprise, it was really entertaining. Did I said it was full of action? Not that much talking, just blasters and light sabers. It could have used more space dogfights on my opinion., but Iím just nick picking, Thereís about 2-5 minutes of talking for every 10 minutes of action, a really good balance if you ask me.

If you are a Star Wars fan, itís a must see (duh). If you arenít you wonít be disappointed like with Episode I & II. I rate it a 3 out of 5, and recommend it.

Pros:
-Action, lots of it.
-New characters.

Cons:
-More of the same.
-New characters (if youíre a fan boy).

Parental Advisory: None. Thereís nothing that you havenít seen in a Star Wars film before.

Submit "The Clone Wars" to Digg Submit "The Clone Wars" to del.icio.us Submit "The Clone Wars" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Clone Wars" to Google

Updated 09-17-2008 at 04:30 PM by KitsuneGin

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I've been meaning to see that movie for a long time now. I just can't find somebody to go with me.

It's great that it got your stamp of approval. Maybe I'll finally get around to it next weekend so that I can tell you what is up with Obi-Wan's beard. Animated Obi-Wan will never be as awesome as the one played by Sir Alec Guinness, but I am willing to give him a chance.....
    To be honest, I wasn't that exited about it. Especially since I been trying to see Tropic Thunder since opening night. But after it was done, I couldn't wait to go buy a lightsaber and play with it.
    lol I used to have a double-bladed lightsaber.

Tropic Thunder is a guy movie. I didn't care much for it but some guys I know can't stop quoting it. lol So you should see it and do a review, it would be interesting to see your take on it.
    Eh.. I don't know, your review makes it sound okay, but... I'd like to see Tropic Thunder, ha ha, looks so awesome!!! Guess I'm more of a guy at heart... ahh, comedy, explosions, stupidity in all it's glory, but sure, the Clone Wars might be good if you say so... I guess...
    I guess I have half my work done, Tropic Thunder it is.
    I liked episode 1 and 2. =0

Im not a star wars fanboy though...xP
    I thought I was. I mean, we got tickets months in advanced for both premiers. I fell asleep during the whole Anakin thing and woke up at the end of the race on episode 1, and then again during the love thing on episode 2.
    I really like the idea of doing movie reviews in your blog; I hope to see more!
    Thanks for the support, guys. Next movie is Tropic Thunder. Also, if you'd like me to review anything in particular (games, TV shows, music, books, etc) Let me know.
    I just saw your review. Great job I will wait until this one comes out on DVD. However, your review was cogent and to the point, nice My son's next movie must see is IGOR
    Thanks for the compliment, if it helps you make up your mind, I did my job.
    We watched Tropic Thunder last night, I'll write my review by the weekend. I also got a few games including The Force Unleashed, and Pure. I got to spend some quality time with those.
    Good movie. I have it on DVD.

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: