View RSS Feed

Deneves

Search for ... Shiny Fish, Route 3

Rate this Entry
[CENTER][IMG]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn70/hcnaR7/221f404d-6983-4103-9897-add4ecd85345.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Route 3 is the first fishing spot in Pokemon X & Y. This is the only place to fish if you are looking for Corphish and Crawdaunt. As in all fishing spots only one fish is available if using an Old Rod and two if using a Good Rod (except Rte 21). Most spots have three when using a Super Rod with the third being pretty rare. I would guess one in 20. While this may not seem that hard to encounter, in terms of shiny pokemon, think of it as one in 20 shiny encounters. The good thing is that they can more easily be caught in a pre-evolved form with an inferior rod. So if you really want a Shiny Crawdaunt your best bet is to try for a Shiny Corphish and evolve it yourself.
In my initial post on chain fishing I didn't mention synchronizers as being part of your fishing team. There are several reasons for this. First is that Sticky Hold/Suction Cups ability is preferred for fishing as it greatly lessens the chance of chains breaking because of no bites. Secondly a synchronizer is only 50% effective and even if you get one with the right nature it is still unusual for it to have good enough stats to want to use it in battle. Thirdly unless you are using an Old Rod, there are multiple fish that can be caught and in most spots the best synchronizer isn't the same for all the fish in that area. Having said all that, Route 3 has all physical attackers and an Adamant or Jolly synchronizer would work well here if you want to take a chance. This area has fairly low level fish without very damaging moves and high catch rates so there should be room to bring an extra poke in your party.
The bad part about this fishing spot is there are no rocks or enclosed areas to fish in. I am tempted to bring a synchronizer and use it until my chain reaches 25 and then switch to my Sticky Hold/Suction Cups ability, if it breaks before that not much lost and you never know, you might get lucky.

[B]Old Rod:
[SIZE=4]Magikarp[/B][/SIZE]
[B]Level:[/B] 15
[B]EV value:[/B] 1 Speed Point
[B]Catch Rate:[/B] 255
[B]Ability:[/B] [B]Swift Swim[/B] doubles the Pokémon’s Speed if it's raining
[B]Move-set:[/B][LIST][*]Splash[*]Tackle[/LIST]
[B]Good Rod:
[SIZE=4]Goldeen[/B][/SIZE]
[B]Level:[/B] 25
[B]EV value:[/B] 1 Attack Point
[B]Catch Rate:[/B] 225
[B]Appearance Rate:[/B] estimated at 65%
[B]Ability:[/B] [B]Swift Swim[/B] doubles the Pokémon’s Speed if it's raining and [B]Water Veil[/B] prevents it from received a Burn status.
[B]Move-set:[/B][LIST][*]Supersonic[*]Horn Attack[*]Water Pulse[*]Flail[/LIST]
[B][SIZE=4]Corphish[/SIZE][/B]
[B]Level:[/B] 25
[B]EV value:[/B] 1 Attack Point
[B]Catch Rate:[/B] 205
[B]Appearance Rate:[/B] estimated at 35%
[B]Ability:[/B] [B]Hyper Cutter[/B] prevents opponents from lowering this Pokémon’s Attack value and [B]Shell Armor[/B] prevents opponents from getting a Critical Hit on Corphish.
[B]Move-set:[/B][LIST][*]Vice Grip[*]Leer[*]Bubble Beam[*]Protect[/LIST]
[B]Super Rod:
[SIZE=4]Gyarados[/B][/SIZE]
[B]Level:[/B] 35
[B]EV value:[/B] 2 Attack Point
[B]Catch Rate:[/B] 45
[B]Appearance Rate:[/B] Common, estimated at 60%
[B]Ability:[/B] [B]Intimidate[/B] lowers opponent's Attack one stage. Pokémon with the Clear Body, Hyper Cutter, or White Smoke ability are unaffected.
[B]Move-set:[/B][LIST][*]Leer[*]Twister[*]Ice Fang[*]Aqua Tail[/LIST]
[B][SIZE=4]Seaking[/SIZE][/B]
[B]Catch Rate:[/B] 60
[B]Appearance Rate:[/B] estimated at 35%
[B]Ability:[/B] [B]Swift Swim[/B] doubles the Pokémon’s Speed if it's raining and [B]Water Veil[/B] prevents it from received a Burn status.
[B]Move-set:[/B][LIST][*]Water Pulse[*]Flail[*]Aqua Ring[*]Fury Attack[/LIST]
[B][SIZE=4]Crawdaunt[/SIZE][/B]
[B]Catch Rate:[/B] 155
[B]Appearance Rate:[/B] Rare, estimated 5%
[B]Ability:[/B] [B]Hyper Cutter[/B] prevents opponents from lowering this Pokémon’s Attack value and [B]Shell Armor[/B] prevents opponents from getting a Critical Hit on Crawdaunt.
[B]Move-set:[/B][LIST][*]Protect[*]Knock Off[*]Swift[*]Taunt[/LIST]
On an extra note, all the pokemon caught with a Good or Super Rod give attack EVs so this a good spot to use a pokemon with Electric moves and boost the Attack Evs of your entire party, just bring a few Leppa berries with you.
[IMG]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/317/3/2/shiny_corphish_global_link_art_by_trainerparshen-d6u481i.png[/IMG][IMG]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/312/4/3/shiny_seaking_global_link_art_by_trainerparshen-d6th3ls.png[/IMG][IMG]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/317/d/9/shiny_crawdaunt_global_link_art_by_trainerparshen-d6u481v.png[/IMG]

Submit "Search for ... Shiny Fish,  Route 3" to Digg Submit "Search for ... Shiny Fish,  Route 3" to del.icio.us Submit "Search for ... Shiny Fish,  Route 3" to StumbleUpon Submit "Search for ... Shiny Fish,  Route 3" to Google

Comments

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: