View RSS Feed

PokePal's Perfect PokÚdex!

EVERYTHING BROKE - Capture Log VII - Chess Pieces

Rate this Entry
I'm not kidding. You've already heard about my laptop problems, and my iPad decided to crash and burn by flipping out of my hands. Thank goodness for those thingiemajigs that let you get another one if you break yours within a year. So, here's a long overdue Pawniard Blog Entry.

How to find and catch Pawniard/Bisharp
There are only wild Bisharp in Black and White, while Pawniard can be found in Black, White, Black 2 and White 2.
Found at: (Both Evolutions) Route 11a (You can only find Bisharp here on B/W) | (Pawniard) Route 9b
Appearance Ratea: Pawniard - 5% - Lvl 50 | Bisharp - 5% - Lvl 60
Appearance Rateb: Pawniard (B/W) - 20% - Lvl 31-39 | Pawniard (B2/W2) - 15% - Lvl 38, 40, 42 and 44
Best Ball to Use: Dusk Ball at night, or Ultra Ball in the day.
Strategy for Entire Line: Go and find yourself a Pawniard, and get it down to 1HP, then catch it. At just 1HP, there is about 95% chance of capture with an Ultra Ball. I mostly advise going to the Route 11 spot for a Lvl 50 Pawniard, as it evolves on 52, meaning you can just give it a couple of Rare Candies, train it quickly or pay for two level-ups. Simple!

Since we're currently going through a stage in PokeFarm where we distinguishing the difference between Little Cup and Baby Battles, I just want to tell you that all the guides I have been writing entitled LC X Strategy are actually meant for Baby, so I'm going through and re-titling them. I'll create proper Little Cup guides for them when I figure out what difference the EVs can make.

Baby Pawniard Strategy
:624:
Pawniard is a strange little warrior. You can either have it in Tank Mode, or Kamikaze Mode, which basically means defend and boost with Eviolite, or attack with Life Orb. I tend to prefer the latter, since Pawniard's 4x weakness to Fighting means there are lots of pokemon that can switch in and kill it, even with Eviolite.
Pawniard - Eviolite / Life Orb
Defiant / Pressure
Jolly / Adamant (+Spd/Atk, -SAtk)
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance / Pursuit
- Brick Break
Left is the Eviolite set, right is Life Orb.

UU Bisharp Startegy
:625:
While admittedly Bisharp has its flaws, you cannot deny it looks awesome. It also has many good things about it, such as an excellent 125 Base Atk, and base 100 Def, and a fairly decent movepool. Defiant boosts his Atk to insane levels, meaning you don't need to Swords Dance either, if you can predict the right switch. STAB Sucker Punch is extremely useful, as well as a strong STAB in Iron Head.
Bisharp - Expert Belt
Defiant
128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Def
Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Psycho Cut

Submit "EVERYTHING BROKE - Capture Log VII - Chess Pieces" to Digg Submit "EVERYTHING BROKE - Capture Log VII - Chess Pieces" to del.icio.us Submit "EVERYTHING BROKE - Capture Log VII - Chess Pieces" to StumbleUpon Submit "EVERYTHING BROKE - Capture Log VII - Chess Pieces" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: