View RSS Feed

Deneves

Search for ... a Different Side to Porygon

Rate this Entry
[CENTER][IMG]http://www.gtsplus.net/files/images/art/shiny/137.png[/IMG][IMG]http://pokemon.jusdanvin.com/Pictures/Trophy%20Garden.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

The [B]Trophy Garden[/B] is behind Mr. Backlot's mansion on Route 212. Every day that you talk to him he will introduce a rare pokémon into his garden. There can be as many as two of these so when a new one is brought in the older of the two is no longer available. The two pokémon will remain in his garden until you talk to him again. Unlike swarming pokémon that are randomly generated when the new day starts, these do not generate until you speak to Mr. Backlot. If you are interested in a certain pokémon you can save the game and soft-reset until that pokémon is chosen. There are sixteen pokémon that can rotate into the garden, but he will not chose either of the two already present.
The Trophy Garden is one of the most frustrating areas that I have experienced in chaining. This is especially true with the Trophy Garden exclusive pokémon. I have had several chains breaks in the thirties including at least two at 39 and has been responsible for me taking a break from chaining several times to avoid throwing my DS into a wall.
Part of the problem is the low appearance rate of these pokémon meaning that any patch that isn't a sure thing has only a 5% chance of continuing the chain. Another part is the odd shape of this patch leaves you constantly finding the four away spots being on a border and sooner of later one of them ends your chain. Then its back to square one even trying to find one to start the chain is difficult. Although the appearance rate is listed at 5%, I wouldn't be surprised to find that 5% was for both of the rare Trophy Garden exclusive pokémon combined.
Unlike the other Trophy Garden pokémon, [B]Porygon[/B] can only be chained in Diamond and Pearl. Once I find and faint one Porygon, I stand where the avatar is in the picture above. This leaves the four away spots to my west and north safely away from the borders, but the south and east visible for the most parts, albeit generally dangerously close to the edge.

[B]Level:[/B] 16, 18
[B]EV value:[/B] 1 Sp Attack point
[B]Hold Item:[/B] none
[B]Move-set:[/B][LIST][*]Conversion[*]Sharpen[*]Psybeam[*]Agility
and at level 18 they learn[*]Recover[/LIST]

[B]Highest level pokémon in area: [/B]18
[B]Special Moves needed to get to the area:[/B] none
[B]Catch Rate:[/B] 45
[B]Appearance Rate:[/B] 5%
[B]Recommended Synchronizer:[/B] [B]Timid[/B] or [B]Modest[/B] if you want a Porygon Z, [B]Bold[/B] is the preferred nature of Porygon 2.
[B]Ability:[/B] [B]Trace[/B] copies an opponent's ability. This a great ability for Porygon 2 as it allows it to copy Gyarados and Salamence's Intimidate as well as Volt/Water Absorb abilities and neutralize several OU threats. Trace becomes [B]Adaptability[/B] if you evolve it into Porygon Z which boosts same yype attacks.[B] Download[/B] raises your Attack one stage (50%) if the opponent's Defense is higher than its Sp Defense or its Special Attack one stage (50%) if the opponent's Special Defense is higher than its Defense. Porygon Z already has one of the highest base Special Attacks in the game and another boost can make it a potent sweeper.

Once you reach 40 center your avatar in the middle of the 9x9 patch one step higher and one step to the left than he is in the picture above. This allows you to see all the shaking spots.
A catch rate of 45 means they aren't real easy to catch. False Swipe is recommended and a status inducer is helpful as well. I wouldn't even bother with regular Pokeballs or Great balls. This is a good time to use those Nest Balls that have been cluttering up you bag. Repeat Balls work just as well once you have caught one and of course Dusk Balls are the best at night.
At this level Porygons are relatively harmless with their only attacking move being Psybeam. A Weavile or Sneasel as a False Swiper can't be touched by them. As a reminder, this a very difficult area to chain in so bring plenty of Super/Max Repels and be patient and selective.

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.gtsplus.net/files/images/art/shiny/233.png[/IMG][IMG]http://www.gtsplus.net/files/images/art/shiny/474.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

Submit "Search for ... a Different Side to Porygon" to Digg Submit "Search for ... a Different Side to Porygon" to del.icio.us Submit "Search for ... a Different Side to Porygon" to StumbleUpon Submit "Search for ... a Different Side to Porygon" to Google

Tags: porygon, shiny
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That sound complicated, but the shiny looks worth it. Thanks!
    I've been trying to chain Evee, but had no luck thanks to the Trophy Garden and its trickiness.

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: