View RSS Feed

MissingNo.

Competitive Discussion: Reuniclus

Rate this Entry
Reuniclus

Psychic Tier: OU
Overcoat
Reuniclus receives no damage from weather conditions.
Magic Guard
Reuniclus is immune to damage not specifically dealt by an attack's damage except for Struggle, Pain Split, Belly Drum, and Substitute.
Regenerator
When Reuniclus leaves the field, it heals HP equal 1/3 of its maximum HP.

HP: 110
Attack: 65
Defense: 75
Special Attack: 125
Special Defense: 85
Speed: 30

Overview
If any Pokemon was made for Trick Room, its this one. Its stats and typing give it great bulk for set-up, and its 125 Special Attack means it can pack a powerful punch. Reuniclus also has access to one of the most useful new moves of B+W: Psyshock - which uses the user's Special Attack stat but hits the target's Physical Defense. And that's just one of the great moves from its vast movepool that supports sweeping and defense. And if its movepool isn't enough, Reuniclus has one of the most useful Abilities in Pokemon: Magic Guard. Weather, Life Orb, Burns and Poisons, Confusion, and Recoil Damage are all nullified.

Offensive Trick Room
Ability: Magic Guard
Moveset
Trick Room
Psyshock
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball/Grass Knot
Held Item: Life Orb
Nature: Quiet -Speed +Special Attack
EVs: 192/0/64/252/0/0
IVs: 0 Speed

The set-up is simple. Switching in will be easy enough, then use Trick Room. For the next four turns, Reuniclus will be able to outspeed anything that is normally faster than it. Psyshock is your STAB and main Attack that will focus on Specially Defensive opponents. Focus Blast and Shadow Ball pair for perfect coverage. Grass Knot is an option over Shadow Ball for decimating walls. With Wonder Guard, Reuniclus will receive no recoil damage from Life Orb, but the boost in damage remains. This set will benefit greatly from Wish support, as after four turns Reuniclus will be forced to set-up again.

Calm Mind Sweeper - by Bobreeder
Moveset
Calm Mind
Recover
Psyshock (/Psychic)
Focus Blast
Nature: Modest -Attack +Special Attack (alternatively Bold -Attack +Defense)
EVs: 192/0/64/252/0/0 (alternatively put a little speed, but it won't really outspeed much anyway)

Rarely has there been a better CM user around. Magic Guard is among the best abilities in the game, and Reuniclus has high enough defenses to use it magnificently. Recover only sweetens the deal. After a few CMs, you KO pokes left and right. Psychic/Fighting has awesome coverage, so few things can come in unscathed. The main problem Pokemon, like Tyranitar and Scizor, should be taken down by others in the team before Reuniclus goes on a rampage.

Submit "Competitive Discussion: Reuniclus" to Digg Submit "Competitive Discussion: Reuniclus" to del.icio.us Submit "Competitive Discussion: Reuniclus" to StumbleUpon Submit "Competitive Discussion: Reuniclus" to Google

Updated 08-08-2011 at 12:41 PM by MissingNo.

Categories
Competitive Discussion

Comments

While I'm a big fan of the TR sweeper, it requires the team to be TR-centric. Here's a Reuniclus that can be used on more teams:
    Calm Mind Sweeper
    Ability:
    Magic Guard
    Moveset
    Calm Mind
    Recover
    Psyshock (/Psychic)
    Focus Blast
    Nature: Modest -Attack +Special Attack (alternatively Bold -Attack +Defense)
    EVs: 192/0/64/252/0/0 (alternatively put a little speed, but it won't really outspeed much anyway)

Rarely has there been a better CM user around. Magic Guard is among the best abilities in the game, and Reuniclus has high enough defenses to use it magnificently. Recover only sweetens the deal. After a few CMs, you KO pokes left and right. Psychic/Fighting has awesome coverage, so few things can come in unscathed. The main problem Pokemon, like Tyranitar and Scizor, should be taken down by others in the team before Reuniclus goes on a rampage.
    Defensive Trick Room
    Moveset:
    Trick Room
    Recover
    Psyshock
    Focus Blast
    Nature: Bold (-Attack, +Defense)
    EVs: 55/0/190/80/190/0

Reuniclus can take a few hits. Set up Trick Room and it outspeeds almost anything while the move is in effect. With Magic Guard protecting it from all pain aside from direct attacks, it can last even longer. When Reuniclus holds a Life Orb while having this ability, its attack power is raised without the drawback of damaging itself in the process. Add a few EVs for SP. Attack along with Psyshock and Focus Blast for coverage and you have a wall. If Reuniclus' health lowers enough, Recover has that covered.
    How did you come up with the defensive EVs? Using this app it seems 196/56/4 gives the best overall defensive ability. The app is pretty accurate for Reuniclus, as there's no indirect damage to be afraid of. The rest of the set looks good, and I wouldn't mind having one in my TR toolbox for the all-important support role
    Oops, disregard the EVs in the last post. 252/160/16 is more like it, keeping the 80 SpA EVs intact. Also, Calm would be a better nature option (boosting the higher stat with the nature is always best when not maxing a stat).
    I'd personally want to replace Psyshock with Toxic for stall. And definitely have a more defense oriented EV spread with a Sassy nature.
    It should be noted that magic guard does not negate damage from confusion, also, I can't remember exactly how it is affected by leech seed. I think leech seed is negated.
    It loses no HP from Leech Seed.
    Ok, that's what I thought. But for some reason it can still hurt itself in confusion. I believe it's because that is technically an attack and the damage occurs during the battle phase.

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: