View RSS Feed

Words From The Pokemon League Judge

Kinect

Rate this Entry
Today I managed to snag a Kinect for the Xbox360. I've had mixed emotions about this peripheral but I decided to give it a chance.

The pack-in game (Kinect Adventures) is decent as a pack-in but I was expecting something more like a Wii Sports game (As the PS3 did with Move) and this game had the feel of Wii Sports (tech demo) but there was no standout minigame like bowling.

I also picked up the fitness game put out by Ubisoft and boy am I tired! This is hands down the best workout game (and system) out there bar none. I've heard of people breaking a sweat on Wii Fit but that is nothing compared to what is on this disc!

As a general system controlling option I found the Kinect to be lackluster at best. I found the hand swipe thing to be unresponsive and often just plain bad. I'll stick to my controller for now to navigate menus.

The navigation on the fitness game was mostly good. I had a few issues with when it asks for number of players and wants you to use your feet. The main problem being that the buttons stay where they are relative to you so when you walk towards a button the button walks away from you! Instead you have to play twister with your feet to reach the buttons.

It might be a built-in system to let you know when to quit. If you can't play foot twister you should probably sit down and take a break!

I'll let you guys know if I manage to lose any weight with this.

Submit "Kinect" to Digg Submit "Kinect" to del.icio.us Submit "Kinect" to StumbleUpon Submit "Kinect" to Google

Categories
News

Comments

You should definitely get some of the hacks for the Kinect, that's the best part!!! I don't want one for the games, I want one for it's open-source-awesomeness...
    I have seen some of the hacks but it's mostly just proof of concept at this point.

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: