View RSS Feed

Words From The Pokemon League Judge

Pokemon Eggs

Rate this Entry
I am happy to report that the Pokemon Egg system is now 85% functional. Why only 85% you say? Well...

As it currently stands now every member is given a free egg just for being a member. Until the end of 2010 these eggs will contain Kanto starters. Once 2011 begins the Pokemon will change to Jhoto starters.

While you peruse the forum there is a 1:150 chance of finding a random egg as long as there is space in your Pokemon party. This egg will contain one of five random Pokemon. At the end of each week one of these Pokemon will be retired and a new Pokemon will take its place in the rotation.

While reading through the forums (once per minute) you will generate between one and 100 steps towards hatching your Eggs and leveling up your hatched Pokemon. Only Pokemon in your party gain steps. Pokemon in your box do not gain anything.

On special days we will lower the odds of finding an egg to 1:100 and a legendary Pokemon will be available. This Pokemon will be in egg form.

In the PokeMart you also have the option to purchase special eggs. These eggs will contain a random selection of Pokemon tied together by a theme. Eggs are purchased using PokeBucks which you earn by being active on the forum.

So, why only 85% complete?

1) Trading is not complete.
2) Personal Pokedex is not complete.
3) Evolution is not complete.

The above items are coming. With enough free time I should have them all ready by the end of the year.

Submit "Pokemon Eggs" to Digg Submit "Pokemon Eggs" to del.icio.us Submit "Pokemon Eggs" to StumbleUpon Submit "Pokemon Eggs" to Google

Categories
News

Comments

This is fantastic news, thanks for the cool feature
    Thanks Steve! Hope we can get 100% soon!
    Thanks Steve! Now I actually have a chance for my second egg....I can buy one
    You can earn credits quickly just be being active on the forum.
    Great, although I guess I can't expect my egg recieved now to become a Cyndaquil or Totodile.. ..But a Squirtle would bec awesome
    Sweet! Thanks a lot Steve!
    *wants custom avatar by paying with pokebucks*
    I was looking into something called Living Avatar but I'm not sure how will it will work with VB4.

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: