View RSS Feed

illumination

Looking for Opinions

Rate this Entry
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I've been thinking lately about the name of the Region for Pokemon Tales... and have decided that since "Shirei" was really only a place-holder to begin with and doesn't really have any underlining meaning, I'll be changing it. Pretty soon.

I have a single idea on what to name it, mainly based on a certain location in the real world:
[B]Eikoku[/B]

But I don't know... Looking at Shirei, it actually sounds like it could very well be a Region name for a Pokemon game...

So I want your opinions and hopefully suggestions for what a good Region name would be. Its really tearing me up here and I honestly can't decide what I should do with it... so any assistance to help make me come to a decision would be greatly appreciated. I'll be starting to continue progress on Pokemon Tales now and should hopefully be able to get a Chapter finished this month-- though again, I don't promise anything.[/COLOR]

Submit "Looking for Opinions" to Digg Submit "Looking for Opinions" to del.icio.us Submit "Looking for Opinions" to StumbleUpon Submit "Looking for Opinions" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

With no in depth knowledge of how you came up with either name, I like Shirei. It sounds more elegant than Eikoku, and more mysterious. Possibly because of the "shi" as in Shinu (to die)
    The funny thing is, I think I picked up Shirei when I came across the word somewhere; there actually wasn't really any reason for the choice, other than the fact I liked how it sounded as a Region name-- or t the time, as a place-holder until I could come up with a final name.

Eikoku has a slightly more... ehh... I hesitate to call 'personal'... local meaning to me, we'll say; I did some searching and found it to translate out to 'England'. But granted, that was the only reason I thought of using Eikoku. But its kind of made me realise how much I actually like Shirei as the Region name...