View RSS Feed

Late Nights Online

Happy Blue Monday!

Rate this Entry
According to British psychologist Cliff Arnell, the third Monday of January is the most depressing day of the year. He wrote a huge equation that factors in salary, weather, time since Christmas, and debt, which led him to conclude that this day was bound to be the most dispirited one all year.
Gee, I figured that out as soon as I woke up, and I didn't have to do any math. :roll:
Most people at my school were feeling the effects of the day, though. Headaches and general apathy were everywhere, but we were able to claim the depressingness of the day as an excuse for our lack of productivity.
(I heard you Americans have the day off. Lucky.)

So, to combat this depressing day, I've decided to hold a blog contest. (Wheee.)
I want [I]you[/I], PF, to PM me with anything that you've done to make people feel better recently. It could be anything from helping an old lady cross the street to donating money for Haiti, but it has to be something that truely made our world a better place. Haven't done anything? Then go out and do something! Instead of playing for that extra hour on your DS tomorrow, go volunteer at a Library or Soup Kitchen. (Parental approval should, of course, be obtained.)

The person with the most heartwarming story (not neccesarily the one with the biggest impact) will get to either have me breed them a Pokémon, or will get the Azelf that I should SR for soon.

You'll feel good, and you'll get a great Pokémon.
Go make a difference!

Submit "Happy Blue Monday!" to Digg Submit "Happy Blue Monday!" to del.icio.us Submit "Happy Blue Monday!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Happy Blue Monday!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Saw it on BT?
    Nope, my friends told me. Ahaha, I don't watch BT.
    That's where I saw it this morning. Maybe your friend watches it, it's quite entertaining. This week is youtube week. Always a laugh with my cereal in the morning.

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: