View RSS Feed

On the back of a Wailmer

So long, and thanks for all the fish

Rate this Entry
As you may or may not know, we set out from Greece last Sunday, with Malta as our destination. Well, believe it or not, we ended up in Malta! Hehe, anyway, on the trip over, we had decided to try our fishing luck. We started out, and an hour or so later, we saw a big fish (probably 15 kg or so) launch out of the water pretty close to where our lure was. We were happy it didn't take our lure, as it would be hard to get aboard, considering the whole crew's lack of fishing experience.

Fastforward to Tuesday, now we were pretty far from land. Suddenly a fish bit the hook, and the fun began. After a bit of work, we had a 5.5 kg tuna in our lap! This was the main part of our meals the next 2 days. After the second fish dinner, we decided that we were ready to try catching another fish. We let out the lure and 100 meters of line, and within 2 hours (I had gone to bed and was nearly sleeping <.<), another fish stroke. Same procedure as last time, we ended up with another tuna roughly the same size. It lasted until we came ashore.

I also read "Winter in Madrid". It's a great book, set right after the Spanish Civil War. It's both entertaining and educational, and is a great way to pass some time (which we have to do aboard :P).

I've also been doing breeding with good results lately, expect to see a drastically changed team

Submit "So long, and thanks for all the fish" to Digg Submit "So long, and thanks for all the fish" to del.icio.us Submit "So long, and thanks for all the fish" to StumbleUpon Submit "So long, and thanks for all the fish" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

*Magikarp floats over to me and reads this*
    *I turn away for a second*
    *Magikarp has destroyed my computer*
    ...thanks...lol
    Do you have your wifi working again?
    Kudos for the HitchHiker's reference
    Yay!
    Thor's back!!!

I love hearing about your boaty adventures! Thanks for posting them when you can.

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: