View RSS Feed

Updates on the trip

Basically everything about the trip.

1. Trinidad -> Grenada

We're leaving Trinidad in a few hours, destination this time is Grenada. It's only ~80 miles IIRC, the distances here in the Carib are so short compared to what we're used to. It's like the Greek islands all over again! We'll probably get there tomorrow morning or so, dunno yet if we'll go to a marina or not. So I may or may not have WiFi when we get there.

Thor

Updated 01-07-2011 at 02:19 PM by Bobreeder

Categories
    Updates on the trip
  2. Destination: French Guyana

We're leaving pretty soon, have heard that this is an extremely quick trip with currents up to 2 knots helping us and 25 knots of stable wind from the back See you guys in about a week if everything goes well!
    Tags: sailing
    Categories
    Updates on the trip
  3. Update thing

Sorry for not blogging, been a mix of busy and nothing to write about... We have left Jacaré and gone to Fortaleza, where the marina is part of a hotel complex which we have access to! Big, nice swimming pool, table tennis, some TVs with an array of consoles... Good stuff We have also met an Argentinian family with teenagers aboard, so finally I have somebody roughly my own age to talk with. They are leaving for French Guyana now, and we'll follow them on Sunday. The plan is for me and Santiago ...
    Tags: brazil, sailing
    Categories
    Updates on the trip