View RSS Feed

Lumps and Bumps in Stickytape Rolls

(Or Cabbages, and Kings)

Titled thus because I sort of like the cadence of the phrase.

At the time of writing, I'm not certain what I want to put in a blog - and I don't like making promises/commitments I can't maintain.

Therefore I doubt my blog will be updated every day, and I would not expect it to be always amusing, always serious, or always somewhere in between.

Do you have any cookies?

1. The More You Know

by , 04-20-2011 at 10:06 AM (Lumps and Bumps in Stickytape Rolls)
    I learned what it's like to be tall on Saturday night.

Sleeping on my brother's couch, my legs were just a little bit too long to stretch fully out.

So I woke up with a stiff/sore neck and aching knees. Just what you need before a 4hr car trip, right? Absolutely :/

I find myself with no envy, and a continued inability to play basketball.
  2. Concept vs Execution

by , 02-16-2011 at 06:23 AM (Lumps and Bumps in Stickytape Rolls)
    Do you remember having to write stories in the early years of school?

I remember - one sentence stories to begin with, then 2 and before long, paragraphs.

One such story went thus:
    I know the go-away bee
    No, that 'no' is not a typo - the teacher added the 'k' and the 'w' upon correcting my work.
    Being 5 or 6 years old, I don't think I was aware of silent letters yet.

The execution did not match the concept, which was not ...
  3. Launching "Project 2011" - AKA Painting a WarHammer Army

by , 01-08-2011 at 11:32 AM (Lumps and Bumps in Stickytape Rolls)
    This ties in with my boyfriend's and my Christmas gift to each other - a WarHammer starter set of 'The Battle for Skull Pass' - essentially, goblins vs dwarves.

Our goal for 2011 is to gradually paint up our newfound 'army' - this will help us develop/improve our skills together.

I am still a relative novice, but there's no cure for that but practise

Project 2011 Album
    I hope to update this album periodically.
    Categories
    Project 2011
  4. Itchy Stitchy >.<

by , 12-11-2010 at 12:10 PM (Lumps and Bumps in Stickytape Rolls)
    Ever needed stitches?

I've only needed stitches twice - once was when I had my wisdom teeth removed; and they were the kind that drop out after a little while. Not too bad, except for when the threads got long enough to get in the way when I was trying to eat :/

The second time is now.
    Currently, I have 4 stitches in my back. I got them about midday on Friday. Mostly the stitches themselves don't bother me, but the band-aid over the top is a different story. ...

Updated 12-11-2010 at 12:15 PM by Sorgatani

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Shaking the Stupor

by , 11-03-2010 at 12:32 PM (Lumps and Bumps in Stickytape Rolls)
    Spring is here, and my Teeny-tiny Tani mind has turned to mush.

My glazed stare is the envy of zombies.*
    *I put on sunglasses so that I don't spook the locals when I'm on my daily walks

Well, really the sunnies are because even the cloudy days are ridiculously bright (does the sun have ANY idea how much power it's wasting? I am curious as to it's energy costs >.>) but the point remains that my 'blank' stare is, in fact, part Dazzled, and part... blank. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast